19

-Y/N's POV-

I didn't get any sleep at all last night. I wasn't scared or nervous or anything, I just couldn't get to sleep. Maybe it's because for the majority of that time I was thinking about how I finally opened up to someone and they managed to mess up, just like everyone else. Perhaps, I'm not the problem here? It's probably everyone else in the world around me who's got issues. I really don't want to face Sherlock right now because, well last night was embarrassing, and now he knows that I was high and at a party. I just stay comfortable under the duvet and turn on the TV, finding BoJack and watching it for 100th time.
As I'm just peacefully laying in bed watching the show, Sherlock and John come in with a box.
"Um, this isn't the attic or the kitchen. Go store your shit somewhere else."

He puts the box down and they both say "Happy Birthday". I wasn't going to bring it up today so not many people would know but I guess I can just pretend it doesn't exist after this.

"Is this box supposed to be a present?" I say whilst looking at it dismally.

"No, it's what's in the box," John states.

I carefully take off the lid to see a small, fluffy, black kitten looking back up at me with large green eyes. I just pick it up and start to pet it with my two figures, it purrs as I continue the action.

"Um, thanks guys. I love it," I say with a convincing smile. It's cute and don't get me wrong I fucking love it, I just don't know how to portray that in any way shape or form.

"Y/N, we need to talk about yesterday," Sherlock says.

"Look Sherlock, you can't expect me to just recover instantly. When I relapse with any of the addictions I'm trapped in it hurts me just as much as it hurts you. Just be patient with me and don't get mad every time I mess up," i fucking hope he'll leave me alone after the little speech I just gave.

"I was going to talk about the video, Y/N. I'm not mad at you when you relapse, I just get upset that's all. Anyway, the video's down now but we did have a bit of trouble at the beginning. So, me and Mycroft did see, well heard we looked away, the video. I apologise for that but it is now taken care of."

My cheeks glow red, he fucking heard it. He fucking heard it. Oh my god. This is the most embarrassing thing I've ever had happen to me in my entire life.

"What? Don't worry I've heard all types of things being said. However, I must say I didn't expect you to be into that kind of thing. It really-"

"Sherlock, stop talking. Just leave. Thankyou, both of you," I say with a warm smile. When they're gone I just sigh and look down at the cat, still not over the embarrassment.

"I think you should be called. Soot? No. Dave? No," I say my thoughts out loud.

"Ah, marvel. Wanda? No. Tony? No. Loki?" I peer down into its eyes. "Yes, Loki."

I put the box on the bed and lay back down as the kitten starts playing with my hair, trying to pull it but getting no where.

After some time playing with Loki, he gets tired and falls asleep next to my pillow. So now I'm bored. I have literally nothing to do. And then I remember, the £20 I gave to Razz. I quickly get up and go and get a joint from the back pocket of the jeans I wore yesterday. I light it up and sit next to my window, the hot air filling up my lungs once again. After just the one I can already feel my mind just unhinge from reality and I start laughing. I don't know what at, just laughing.

-Sherlock's POV-

"Can you hear that John?" I say as I look over at him in amazement.

"Hear what?"

"It's Y/N. She's laughing. An actual joyful laugh. We made her laugh!" I jump up and down once and go to make my way to her room.

As I open the door, it immediately seems off. She's sat next to her window, looking out of it laughing. I peer over her shoulder to see nothing out there apart from the very familiar street. The cat is laying fast asleep on the pillow next to hers. What is she laughing at? She peers over her shoulder and looks up at me. The first thing I notice, red.

"Has anyone ever told you, that you kind of look like Sherlock?"

"Y/N, I am Sherlock. Where did you get it from this time?"

"No, Mycroft, he's Sherlock," she says pointing to the mirror behind me. I cant handle this right now so I just slam her door and walk back into the living room.

"What happened?"

"Why, we didn't make her laugh. It's the drugs. Even a whole cat won't be enough for her, no. She needs the drugs," I spit and just slump onto my chair.

"Sherlock, she's addicted. She isn't just doing it for fun, she's struggling. So I suggest you just leave her for today, of course try and find them whilst she's not looking and take them. But just let her do it, for today. Then go mad at her tomorrow."

"Fine, but I'm only doing this because you're better with emotions then I am."

"Clearly."

"Yeah, alright. I get it."