Chapter 9

Endo's mouth dropped as she stared at a frantic, 7', dark grey feathered creature flapping its massive wings aggressively, trying to release its foot from the car window. The feathers did not cover all of its body; in some places there were bald patches where you could see the beast's pinkish skin. At the top of its head was a pink, oozing brain, nothing covering it. Its face consisted of lifeless, black eyes, and a hole where its nose was supposed to be right above a beaten up, cracking beak. The creature was not built just like an animal, but like a human. Although it had giant wings that were thrashing around trying to set itself free, for arms and massive, sharp talons for feet, the body of it was a well built man with its only article of clothing being a torn up pair of pants.

"No no no no no-" Endo kept repeating as she slowly began to form an island under her feet with the earth around her. As she raised herself into the air, the beast continued to struggle. Akasuki was still holding Aoki's head in her stomach, arching herself over him in the back seat to try and keep him from getting hurt anymore than he already did.

Akasuki was sitting behind Aoki before the attack. After the creature struck the car, Akasuki was able to grab Aoki and pull him to the backseat with her while Endo went out to confront it. With Aoki being injured, his primary focus was on staying conscious due to the extreme loss of blood. The thought of trying to open the car door to attempt an escape didn't even occur to him. Akasuki's focus was on keeping, not only her, but Aoki safe. With her being behind the passenger seat, she couldn't get out of the car without running right into the beast seeing as its foot was stuck in the passenger window. Akasuki picked up her head to see what was going on outside but instead noticed that her belt that she was still wearing from the previous mission was flashing. She tapped the button on her belt to pick up the call that the flashing light was indicating and a hologram picture of Endo popped up.

"CALL HEADQUARTERS!" exclaimed a frantic Endo.

"What!?" said a dazed Akasuki. Aoki was too out of it to notice the conversation.

"CALL THE HEADQUARTERS! CALL OUR COMPANY AND ASK FOR BACK UP! YOU GUYS ARE DOWN AND I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN! THEY'RE BACK!"

"Woah woah, calm down!" Akasuki turned her head to look out the window to see Endo launching herself on her island she formed at the beast before turning back to the hologram. "Who's back?! What do you mean they're back!?"

"CALL THEM NOW DAMNIT! THEY'RE BACK! THE NO-" Endo started to exclaim before static filled the call. Akasuki looked out the window again when the call dropped and witnessed the island colliding with the beast, knocking it out of the window causing the car to rock vigorously and making glass fly. The hologram disappeared as Akasuki threw herself back over Aoki. When the car stopped shaking, she distraughtly looked back out of the window and only saw debris.

"Where is she!? Where's the thing!?" Akasuki began to look around frantically. As the debris started to settle, Endo and the beast were nowhere to be spotted until, out of nowhere, Endo was thrown up against the car, right in front of Akasuki's eyes. "KASEKIII!" Akasuki shouted as tears started to fill her eyes.

Endo coughed up blood as she sat on the concrete. "Fuck..." she exhaled. As she slowly lifted her head she noticed that the beast was running head on at her, full force.

"KASEKI! GET UP! GET THE FUCK UP DAMNIT!" Akasuki took her hands away from Aoki and started banging on the window. She tried to open the door, but the door was too beaten up, it was unable to be opened. Aoki, upon all of his confusion, noticed Akasuki's outburst, signaling that this was a desperate situation.

Endo placed her hands on the ground and managed to build a quick, stone wall between her and the beast, giving her time to pry herself off the ground and get out of the beasts way.

"FUCK, WHERES MY PHONE?! CALL HEADQUARTERS, CALL HEADQUARTERS!" Akasuki exclaimed, desperately looking for a phone.

Once she finally found her phone that had been thrown under her seat when the beast hit the car, she called headquarters as soon as she could. When they finally picked up, she was hysterical.

"IT'S AKASUKI! WE NEED BACK UP!! WHERE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOCHI POINT IN BETWEEN KANMON-ODORI WAY AND WAKATOSHI STREET!! AOKI IS INJURED BAD AND ENDO IS FIGHTING SOMETHING ON HER OWN! SHE SAID SHE CAN'T DO IT ALONE! SHE CALLED IT A NO-... A NO SOMETHING!!!" Akasuki screamed into the phone as she cried.

At this point, Aoki was on the verge of passing out, but hearing Akasuki scream at headquarters, it made something click in his mind. "Nomu..." Aoki mustered out before closing his eyes. Blood was all over him, Akasuki, and the back seat.

"Nomu... No-" at the moment, the severity of the situation clicked in Akasuki's mind. "NOMU! NOMU'S! THEY'RE BACK! ENDO IS FIGHTING A NOMU ALONE!"