CHAPTER 3

Once we got there we stayed in a hotel just until we found an apartment. The whole thing was stressful and it took me a while to sell a property. We took too much time trying to find a place to call home because we're so picky but, in the end Claire and I found a two room apartment with one beautiful bathroom. We started new lives as Victoria Harris and Angelica Parker. It was perfect.

We went shopping to get furniture and some other things we needed. It took us a long time and was pretty expensive. Claire or should I say, Angelica, started volunteering to work at the hospital. She wanted to be a doctor. I continued my job as a real estate wholesaler and not too long I was able to get more income.

Like I said, everything was perfect.

"One month and a half later"

"I've been telling you to come by the hospital so we can check on you but you never listen" Angelica tells me as we walk into the cafe. We always have lunch together even though we have different jobs. We make it a time for us to chat since we're so busy. We always sit at a little round table by the window. I look out the window and watch as people walk by.

We walk to the table and a lady brings out some menus for the both of us.

"It's not necessary, I'll take a lasagna and a lemonade," I say, raising my hand stopping her from giving the menu to me.

"I'll take the same thing" Angelica tells her and the lady leaves.

"I know I'm sorry I've been meaning to but we have to get into college so I've been working for us" I tell her. I've been overworking myself. I've had a lot of stress the past month of being here. Although I was able to sell properties. there weren't many.

"That's what's probably causing your sickness. You haven't been sleeping or eating well." She tells me as I stay looking outside.

"I know Angelica, would you stop disciplining me?" I tell her putting my elbows on the table and hide my face in my palms. I admit, calling her Angelica sounded weird and I was still getting used to being called Victoria.

"I'm just looking out for you. I've been telling you to go for weeks. Take a day off to go." She tells me. I stayed looking out the window watching the cars go by.

Soon after, the lady comes with our food. Angelica keeps talking to me about the hospital and stuff. I've never liked going there but somehow she loves it. We can be different people at times but it's good for us.

"Are you sure you have been eating good Vic?" She tells me with a concerned look.

I look at my food. The smell, it's horrible! I put my hand to my mouth and run to the restroom.

"Victoria!" Claire runs after me.

When I finished, Angelica was waiting for me outside the bathroom stall. I went to the sink and turned on the water. I splashed it on my face as well as my mouth.

"Are you alright?" She asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, I'm okay now" I say as I wash my mouth with water.

"I already made an appointment for you tomorrow early in the morning. You're going. End of discussion." I looked at her and decided I have to get better if I wanna continue working. So I agreed.