CHAPTER 14

After we got ready we left the hotel and went to a fancy looking dress shop. To be honest I didn't feel like I belonged there. I just wore a white tank top and black jeans then paired it up with a black leather jacket as well as black boots. There were a lot of beautiful dresses. They gave us a glass of champagne as we looked around. When I looked at the price tag of one of them I gasped, making me choke on my drink. Claire looked at me and rushed to me.

"Are you alright?" she asks, patting my back. I nod and continue coughing.

"It's just, have you seen the prices of the dresses?!" I asked her.

"Yes I know, they're pretty expensive" She says giggling.

After a few moments some ladies came and measured our bodies. I took off my jacket and they started with my height, then my breast. As I was getting measured I saw Emilio walk in. His eyes never left mine. And he kept looking up and down at me. Honestly I was getting nervous with every moment that passed.

"There we go. All done, Your dresses will be done in two weeks" One of the women says as they all start to leave.

"Thank you" I say, giving them a smile as I put my jacket back on. Claire came back to my side and was showing me the magazines of the store. Just then we hear cars start to screech. I didn't have time to react when I heard car doors closing right outside of the store.

"Get down!'' I hear a man yell. I grabbed Claire's hand and I pulled us under the reception desk. My eyes widened as gunshots were being shot into the store. Emilios' guys were coming in from the back doors. We saw as they fell to the floor and their blood painted the white tile. I was able to get guns from the dead.

"Claire, back door" I said as the shooting continued. She hesitated for a moment but I quickly grabbed her hand and rushed out the back door. This was an opportunity to escape. I know some people that can help me and we can fly back to Florida.

As soon as we got out we turned the corner and an alley was the way out. It meant that we still had to be close to the fight. We peaked out to check if they were looking and thankfully they weren't. Just then I saw a lot of Emilio's men dead, only a few were left along with Issac. But they were still outnumbered.

I turned to look at Claire and it looked like she was worried. Issac looked pretty beaten and it seemed like they were gonna lose this fight. Just then I look to find Emilio. I saw him hiding behind a truck with an injured leg. He turned to me and our eyes locked. He was coughing blood and had injuries all over. Another man found him and pointed a gun to his head. Damn it....

Without any more thought I aimed my gun at the man and killed him. I then rushed into the fight with Claire by my side. We shot the rest of them and just like that, they were all dead. I saw Claire put the gun behind her shirt and run to Issac. I can tell she wanted to go home and see her daughter but she didn't want Issac to die. I guess I was kind of in the same position. I turn to Emilio and rush to him.

"Athena..." he said as I kneeled down in front of him. I start to unbutton his ripped shirt and take it off him carefully. He didn't have any other gunshot wounds other than his leg but it looks like they beat him

"Oh shut up" I say, wrapping his shirt on his bleeding leg. I try to pick him up with all my strength. I admit he is heavy but he couldn't walk on his own. I wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I went to his car and put him in the passenger seat. I saw Claire do the same with Issac and his car.

I get in the driver seat and drive back to the hotel. Good thing I always try to memorize things from now on or else I would've had no idea. Shit, how can we go back to the hotel if we have two men that look like they're about to die. And I can't exactly take them to a hospital or they'll ask questions.

"Turn left here" I hear Emilio say snapping me out of thought. I do as he says and continue driving. After 10 minutes we ended up in a warehouse.

"I'll be right back" I say before running inside the warehouse. As soon as I'm in there are guns pointed to my head. I put my hands up showing that I'm not an enemy.

"Please, can someone call a doctor!? Emilio is really injured and needs medical help" with that they all put their guns down and i rushed back out. I went to the car and I saw Claire getting Issac off. I quickly got Emilio out of the car and went inside.

"Boss!" one of the men yelled before they all grabbed him and carried him to a room. I followed and started searching the room to try to find a med-kit. As soon as I found one I went to Emilio. Why? I had the chance to escape but I decided to help him instead. As I cured some of his lesser injuries his eyes never left my face. When I finally looked up at him, he just looked at me in confusion.

"If there's something you have to ask me, Just ask me." I say cleaning his wounds but he just stared at me. I'm sure he's wondering why I saved him.

"Why did you save me again? You had a chance to run but you saved me instead." he finally asks.

"I hate you because you separated me from my daughter," I say looking back at him.

"But even so, It doesn't mean I want you dead Emilio." His eyes kept searching me when he finally laid his head back on the couch they put him on.

"Thank you" he says before he fell asleep.