departure

╔═.✵.══════════╗
"Wherever I go, you
bring me home.."
╚══════════.✵.═╝

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

Ikaris looks in confusion at everyone staring at unconscious Gaia and Thena. He says "What the hell happened?"

Sersi quickly hugs Ikaris and says "Thena and Gaia attacked us. I thought I was going to die." Ikaris looks to the blood on Sersi's outfit and says "You're bleeding Sersi!" Ajak says "I already healed her."

Druig grits his teeth and says "Context is needed Sersi. Gaia had no intention of harming any of you. She would never want to harm you."

Phastos scoffs slightly and says "Yet she did wound many."

Ajak says "Enough. Let's get back to the temple and speak there."

Druig sighs and lifts Gaia up. Makkari walks beside him as they share a worried look. Kingo says "We could've used your help here Ikaris. Gaia nearly killed us all-"

Druig glares at him and Kingo's voice drops to a whisper. Ajak looks to unconscious Thena and then over at Gaia with disappointment in her gaze. She expected more of Gaia.

Honesty from her.

Half way through the walk to the temple I wake up. I rest my hand on Druig's cheek and he looks down to me.

I look around and he says quietly "Gaia..they know."

My face drops and he nods. I shake my head and say "No..No.. Druig─" He sighs and says "It's alright, love. I'll handle it."

I hide my face within his chest and he says "It'll be alright."

Everything will not be alright.

Makkari pats my knee and I look to her. I don't like the looks in their expressions. Druig is never one to visually show his emotions but I can see the worried expression through his features and it only terrifies me more.

 Druig is never one to visually show his emotions but I can see the worried expression through his features and it only terrifies me more