026. pieced together

"josh! may i speak to you

"josh! may i speak to you..?" andie asked.

josh was currently on the opposite side of the corridor from where andie was standing.

he turned towards the direction her voice was coming from. "of course, meda. what is it?"

"we have to go somewhere private, join me for a walk?" she asked, approaching the brunette.

"of course, is everything okay?"

andie didn't want to lie, but she didn't want to worry him either. "i don't know how to answer that question, if i'm being honest."

a serious expression showed on josh's face, intertwining his fingers with hers as they exited the castle.

the feeling in josh's stomach caused him to become more and more impatient. every step he took, his impatience grew.

andie struggled finding the proper words to say — i mean, hell, how do you tell a man that his father pulled a dagger out, with the bold intention of possibly taking her life..?

josh must've seen the thoughts running through her head. "..meda, hey? what is it? did i do something?"

"oh, no," andie assured him. no, not you...just your father! "but i'm going to say something, and i need you to listen before jumping to any conclusions. don't interrupt me, please."

josh nodded, "okay..."

and so andie told him — everything from when ezekiel first asked to talk to her, to evan pulling her away before anything happened.

and then to maeve basically calling her stupid for being so naive to think ezekiel just wanted to talk with good intentions.

after andie was done, her heart was racing as she watched josh's reaction to her story. as soon as she'd begun talking, she realized how far-fetched it must've seemed.

i mean, she was literally talking to the son of the man she just accused.

when josh didn't reply immediately, andie started up again. "listen, i know how it sounds-" he cut her off, holding his hand up.

"i don't know what to say.. i mean, i think it's crazy because we basically just met a month or two ago, but for some reason i somewhat believe you." he told her. andie let out a sigh of relief, a breath she didn't realize she was holding. "i can't believe he would try to hurt you..."

a hug was shared between the two as andie attempted to hold back her tears.

andie didn't believe it immediately either, but the pieces worked together perfectly. he hadn't liked her from the start, and the more close she got with his son, the more of a threat to the kingdom she was.

i mean...with josh not cooperating and just marrying who he was supposed to, he put up a fight. it was all jeopardized because of andie.

it all made sense.