Chapter 2

This chapter is still in Jay's point of view and you will notice it jumps back from the past to the present.

Two years later

The last two years my life had changed drastically. I am actually in the process of getting a degree in business and marketing and have started a business in software programing and working with businesses to locate individuals and getting data when required. I have also been working with local authorities and organisations to design military equipment that can be used in action. It helps that I know a lot about weapons and electronics. I actually met some interesting people of the last two years and actually started working with a man called Rhys. He actually helped me to start my business and guided me the right way also helped me to decide I actually wanted to get a degree and believe it or not I actually enjoyed learning. When I told Jake that I was working towards a degree he actually laughed as he could not believe how much I changed. No one thought I would do something different as I always thought I would follow my older brothers and my dad's and be part of the Mafia. After that night I swore I would never follow that path.

Time skip to a year ago

Since I left my family seven years ago I settled in New York building my business. I haven't been back to see my family since I left. They have seen me or occasionally we Skype each other but to be honest I feel like I am home now. My brother actually helps me from time to time with legal matters he actually got his own law firm back at home as he decided to stay to be near everyone. Ryder decided to join me so he became head of security and also head cyber tech. As he is a computer genius. Also Ryder does know about shifters as he actually is mated to bear shifter named Joe who is also the alpha of his pack in New York and a business associate of mine.

As for Rhys and I we have been working together the last couple of years trying to rescue shifters from hunters and other organisations that captured them. Yes I know about shifters and to be honest I always knew as there was a couple that worked within the mafia that I previously worked with. I actually employed some to work for my company as it helped me understand what works and what doesn't.

I am currently on my way to where Rhys has moved to, as he was getting married to his mate and wanted me there just in case I have a mate which I highly dealt I do.