Chapter 3

This chapter is in Diego's point of view and starts from Darius and Rhys wedding

The last few years have been really hard for me. All I ever wanted was to find my mate and have a couple of kids. Both my brothers found their mates and had their own families even my dad found his true mate.

Today was supposed to be a happy day because my younger brother Diego was getting married to his mate Rhys who happened to be a dragon shifter. Truth be told I am no that keen on Rhys I found him arrogant and almost sly. I would never say anything to my brother as he made him happy. My big issue was who he worked with and did business with.

As I stood at the front of the Isle on my brother's side, I looked round the court yard I noticed several people on Rhys's side I have not yet met and some of them looked scary as shit one of the men on second row stood out because he had tattoos on his neck and on his hands. I could imagine what others tattoo's he had under his suit and if he had any piercings. With that thought I took a breath to try and calm myself down because I could feel my dick starting to get hard for some reason and I could also smell faint scent of vanilla and sandalwood. As I looked in the direction of where the smell coming from I took a big gulp as I opened my eyes I realised I was looking at the same man that was making me hard. I really hoped I was wrong because this man looked fucking hugh definitely wouldn't be a bottom unless he like experimenting. I am 6ft 1, looking at him he definitely is taller and bigger build. Right now I need to focus on my brother's ceremony but once they say their I do's and we all go to the reception then I will confirm that I smell my mate and that it is who I think it is. If it is him I need to decide what to do next especially if he his human. It may be better for me to wait and decide at a later date.

Time jump to the reception

As I sniffed the air to confirm my previous thoughts I realised I was right. As I walked over to where the gorgeous smell was coming from. I stopped in front of the man and look straight into his eyes, which are deep blue. He actually spoke before I could say anything and said quite abruptly "you are the bloke that was staring at me throughout the ceremony."
I took a gulp before answering quietly and perfectly "yes I was and I think we need to talk but not now."

He replied with a cheeky grin "ring my secretary and make an appointment." Then he just walked away and left me standing there like a piece of shit. He didn't even tell me his name.

As the evening went on I managed to find out who he is but not sure I wanted to even bother finding him as I have heard of his family and really didn't want to be in that world. One thing is for sure my life has just become complicated as my mate is the one and only Jay Machi son of Ace and Zain Machi who happened to the retired Don and Donna of the Machi Mafia.

As reality hits me I realised not only is my mate associated with the Mafia but he is also human. I finished the whisky that I had in my hand said my good byes to my family and do the only thing I could do and that was to leave. My panther Sly was going mental because I let my mate leave. With that I went to the forest and forced shift and ran to my house near Dante's pack house shifted back pack a bag and grabbed my car key and drove.

This chapter links to the epilogue in Rhys and Darius story.