Chapter 9

This Chapter is in Jay's point of view:

The next Day

As I wake up, I see Diego still sleeping, so I quietly go to the kitchen to make us breakfast.
Once everything was ready, I took our breakfast on tray to our room.
As I entered the room, Diego was sitting up waiting for me.
He smiled at me and said, " I woke up, and you were not here, but then I could smell food and realised you must have been in the kitchen cooking for us."
"I wanted to suprise you and make sure you eat as you are still weak. I thought once we had breakfast and get ready, maybe we can sit and talk as i want to tell you things about why I was so hesitant about us being mates and the reason why acted the way i did when we first met."
Diego grabbed my hand and kissed it and said "ok". We then sat in silence eating our breakfast. Once we both finsihed i took the plates to kitchen and loaded them in the dishwasher. I then went back to the bedroom. Diego and I took it  in turns to have a shower and get ready.
Once we both were dressed we went into the lounge and sat douwn on the couch.

I started telling Diego about Lyle and the incident 8 years ago. I told him the truth about everything. I told him about my parents, my siblings, my business.
I told him the real reason i acted the way i did was because i was scared of letting someone in, and thy not only hurt me but hurt the people i love. I explained to him that know our situation is different as we are mates. I reasurred Diego that I won't run away again.

I told him that my dads knew about shifters and mates as they also have worked alongside Rhys.
Diego listened to me as i was telling him everything. Once i finished, i could feel the tears running down my face. At that point, Diego climbed on my lap held me in his arms, and whispered "I will never hurt you. You are my soul mate and i have been waiting for you since i was 18."

With him saying that, i realised i finally can be happy and i can live for future and not in the past.