Chapter 5

I am happy to say that the next couple of chapters will be mentioning previous characters from the series. This chapter starts in Diego's point of view. 

It's been a few months since Darius and Rhys wedding. I have tried several times to contact my mate but his secretary keeps making excuses that he is busy. As time goes by, I realise that my mate is actually rejecting me and I can feel my animal dying. I decided that I needed to contact Rhys to find out why my mate is so cold and to tell him what's happening with me as I feel like I may be dying. I had already asked him about Jay which he explained a little about him and that he no longer part of the mafia world as he wants to be a legit businessman but does sometimes deal with people from that world.
This morning I woke up coughing blood and my vision starting to go blurry, I know I need to stay strong but I can't anymore.

As I rang Rhys I am ready to leave a message but he answers on the 3rd ring.
Before he can talk, I quietly say trying to hold back my tears and pain.
"Rhys I need your help" as I finished saying those words everything goes black.

Rhys POV

My mate has been unsettled for the last couple of hours saying that his panther is worried out his brother Diego. As I was about to ring him my phone rings and as I look at the number I realise it is him. When says he needs my help I hear a bang like the phone has fallen I call Diego's name but no reply. I ask someone to track where his phone is as I find out where he is I have no time to spare I shift into my dragon and take to the sky making sure not to be seen by humans luckily and can camouflage myself. When I finally get to where Diego is which is in a hotel I find him unconscious of the floor with a huge cut on his head where he must of hit is head as he fell. I grab my phone which was in the bag I carried round my neck when I was flying and called the nearest shifter hospital to where we were. Within 10 minutes an ambulance had arrived and taken him to the hospital. As I called my mate and told him what happened he said that him is other brother and dad would be here as quickly as they could come.

An hour later the doctor came out to see me and explained that he needed stitches as he was not healing as he should. He also said that he was concerned about Diego's health and asked if he had been rejected by his mate as the signs were pointing that way.

Then everything clicked as I recalled a conversation I had with Diego not so long ago about Jay, and his mafia ties. He showed personal interest in him which was surprising as they have not formally met but he was at the wedding. If I remember correctly Jay left at abruptly at the reception and Diego disappeared soon after. As I think more about the conversation my conclusion is probably correct then Jay must have done something to make Diego think he rejected him.

I have to find out the truth so there is only one thing I can do and that is ring Jay and find out the truth.