Chapter 4

This chapter is in Jay's point of view.

As I sat listing to my friend and business partner Rhys say his vows to his Mate Darius I could feel someone staring at me as I looked around I could see this gorgeous man looking straight at me. I could see he was fighting with himself probably with his animal side.
FYI: I do know about shifters and I got an inkling that not only is he a shifter but the way he is looking at me I am probably his mate. I really hope I am not as I don't to have my heart broken again I know I cannot take the heart break and disappointment.

If I am correct he is one of Rhys brother in laws. I know from other shifters if you find your mate you cannot be with any other unless you reject them. If you asked me 10 years ago I would have probably be over the moon of the thought of being with your soul mate but not now I have no intention of settling down or trusting anyone with my heart again. I hope he rejects me or realises who I am and decides he doesn't want me as a mate. I am too broken and cruel to be with anyone and looking at him there is not much size difference between us. I maybe an inch or 2 taller and a little more muscular than he is. Tell you one thing neither one of us are bottoms so that is one problem which will not work. I remember Rhys saying that Darius was a triplet and his two older brothers had Alpha blood in them but the middle triplet had beta blood in him as well as Darius. I already met both Darius and Dante so if I am correct the man I think is my mate must be Diego. I know a little about him and know he has been waiting so long for his mate. Rhys said he struggles to connect to him and finds it difficult at times to talk to him. He almost thinks that Diego detests him and only puts up with him for the sake of his brother. As I look at this man I can see sadness in his eyes I dread to think what he sees in mine.

As the ceremony ends and we move to the reception area I look round the hall and see the same man staring at me again. He finally comes over but before he says anything I abruptly and almost rudely say

"You are the bloke that was staring at me through out the ceremony."
I could see him fighting with himself before answering quietly "yes I was, and I think we need to talk but not now."
I sharply replied "ring my secretary and make an appointment." Then I just turned and walked away. I quickly looked over my shoulder and could see the hurt in his eyes. As Rhys and his new groom had already left I grabbed my coat from the table I was sitting and left. As I left to find my car I could hear howling and knew that was my mate.
I was planning to stay for a few days but decided to go back to New York. As I was maybe one day we will meet again.