Chapter {9}

(A/N: Hi! I think you have already noticed I really like leaving author's notes. XD I just wanted to say thanks for reading my story and vote! and comment! if you like it. Some of these comments are hilarious and I always laugh my ass off :D)

Gumball's P.O.V

As I was walking home I didn't notice the black-headed teen running towards me. I kept my eyes on the road and when he grabbed my shoulder I froze. I quickly regained my composure and turned towards him. It was Marshall. He was out of breath and his backpack hung lazily on his left shoulder.

"Hey!", he whisper-yelled, still breathing heavily. I arched my left eyebrow and smirked.

"Hello Marshall." I said. And waited for a response. Why did he follow me? Wasn't he already busy with that slut? To think what weird noises she was making, it's pretty understandable that he went running in the opposite direction. I would have too. I would never even kiss her. Or get close to her.

I would her Herpes. And Herpes is no fun. No fun at all. Gross.

Marshall pushed his bangs out of his eyes and stood up straight. "I-I just wanted to catch up on you coz' I'm going in the same direction, ya know? Let's go!" He looked highly uncomfortable as he touched his neck and started walking, probably expecting me to follow him.

I started walking behind him and didn't say anything. I'm pretty sure that he is already thinking I'm planning on raping him anytime soon so it doesn't really matter if I come off as a creeper.

Just act natural. Left. Right. Left. Right. Left. Ri- and I slammed into someone's chest. I raised my head and realized I was almost at eye level with Marshall. I was just a bit shorter. Okay, what the fuck. Why isn't he moving.

There was a slight tint of pink on his pale cheekbones and he didn't look into my eyes. I stepped back quickly and said, "Dude, sorry. I didn't see where I was going." He still didn't say anything and I asked: "Are you alright?"

He placed his hands on my biceps and took a deep breath. He almost started leaning in closer but then shoved me back roughly and said: "Watch where you're going." And then he walked quickly away, peeking over his shoulder once.

I just stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds and then started walking, too. What's wrong with him? Is he afraid of me or doesn't he just like me? Then why did it look like he tried to get closer to me for a second, and even smelled me, but then pulled away?

Did I smell bad? I cocked my head slightly and smelled my shoulder. Strawberries and sweets were the only thing I could point out.

Hm. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Oh, I have to sit with them at the lunch table tomorrow. Maybe he'll storm off again. It's not like I'm going to grab his dick under the table or something. I think.

I grabbed my pocket for keys and opened my front door. I stepped inside and calmly closed the door. Then I threw my schoolbag across the room and lazily pulled my shoes off. I almost yelled: 'Honey! I'm home!' But then I realized I live alone and that I'm a loser with no friends.

When Pep was in my room this morning it's because she was in town. She lives in another state with my cousin Bubblegum. Yeah, weird-ass names are in our family tree. It's like our parents wanted everyone to bully us.

Even though no one bullies Bubblegum. She just looks so pink and girly that it's impossible to say anything bad to her. Like a cute annoying puppy, that you didn't even want but can't get rid of one you start liking it.

Today Pep was just checking on me and making sure I wasn't dead in my bathtub with cuts all over my tights and arms. Or having an overdose on painkillers and sleeping pills, on the floor, dead. That's the kind of thoughts I have lately. And I guess she noticed it.

Just throwing that out there, she's a very caring woman and after the lately events that forced me to move she wanted to take care of me more than ever. But she has her job and responsibilities and Bubblegum to watch on and besides, I am grown up enough to take care of myself.

I don't drink, smoke or go to parties. I only sit in my room blasting emo music and studying all night. And also thanking Satan the Dark Lord for my abnormal eyes and stupid hair and nasty personality. Because I'm really sure 'god' didn't give it all to me.

I opened another door and stepped inside my room. The walls were mostly covered with my drawings and old pictures. Family pictures are just happy moments pressed together in a thin piece of paper that doesn't actually savour anything. Only sadness and loneliness, every time you look at it, remembering times you were actually happy.

Oh my, this sure is getting really depressing. Oh, but wait! It's Monday. That makes sense. Mondays are always depressing. That's just a fact of life. Have you ever heard of depressing Saturdays? No? Because there are none.

I sat down on my bed and scratched my neck. I hated it. Hated. That bubbly feeling of a crush was in the pit of my stomach all day. When I joked about getting a crush before, I didn't mean it. I didn't want this, it's just a distraction.

I lied down on my side and ditched all thoughts of him that were threatening to overcome my mind. There was still one thought.

What is Marshall thinking?

Next chapter in Marshall's P.O.V and why he pushed Gummy away and freaked out. Stay cool!