Chapter {13}

Gumball's P.O.V

I yawned and turned my phone off with one hand. My alarm had already gone off, which meant that it's already 6pm. I whined and violently pushed my body up.

While sleepily walking to my kitchen, I rubbed on my eye and checked the notifications. Yep, I'm working. And I also have no friends. Oh wait, there's a text from Pepp. Of course.

I yawned again and plopped down on my couch, only to scream and jump up when I felt something sharp hit my butt. I had left my remote there. Well at least it wasn't a dick. That would've been unfortunate. I sat down again, this time slowly and flipped through channels. There was nothing to watch, except some nature show. I stayed on that channel for like 30 minutes and then I fell asleep.

When I woke up, sprawled on the couch, the last drops of golden sunlight were just peeking trough my curtains. At first I didn't even remember that I was supposed to be out tonight and I calmly sat up and sighed, thinking about going back to sleep.

But when my eyes slid to the clock on the wall, I bolted up and ran out of the room. It was already 7:18pm! Searching for my clothes, I dashed trough rooms; grabbing a sports bag and stuffing my outfit and all my shit in there.

I quickly squeezed myself into the leather motorcycling suit and ranked my hands through my messy hair. Jingling my keys on my ring finger, I stood in front of my cartage and pulled the door open.

The warm sun had already gone down now, and the numb darkness was creeping around the neighborhood. My baby was calmly standing there in my garage, looking hot as always. My motorcycle. This baby was my greatest achievement because I had to literally work my ass off trying to earn money for my honey. Hehehheh. You know, if you don't have any friends, you can always screw a motorcycle... The more you know I guess. I walked to my dear baby and quickly set my things ready.

---

My head was slightly spinning with the adrenaline as I laughed crazily into my helmet and parked my baby in front of a small cafe shop.

The warm night's atmosphere was quite relaxing, but I faintly heard some loud party music a few blocks further, and that ruined everything a lot. I yawned and walked into the cafe shop.

Quiet jazz music was playing and I saw a few ladies sitting at the window and chatting lively and sipping coffe. There are never many people here at this time, everyone has just gotten back from work and are now with their family. Even the old pigeon-feeding-ladies have gone home by now.

Everyone knows what's going to go down on this side of the town at summer evenings and nighttime. And believe me, it's not something you'd tell your grandchildren.

A few bittersweet memories clouded my mind as I caressed the dusty bar stools in front of the cash register with my fingertips, leaving behind four thin trails. An energetic woman busted through the double-doors and hurried to me.

I ordered my usual coffee, that will grant me energy for the rest of the night, and paid for it in cents I found in my back-pocket. Times are hard, man.

After that I just kinda took my time, knowing the party is only getting heated right now. I sat on my baby and sipped my drink, observing my surrounding. Just a quiet small town life.

My hand moved to my pockets on a habit, searching for cigarettes. Then I remembered I quit a long time ago. No cigarettes for me, I'm afraid.

After that I just drove away and parked my bike in front of the big building that already roared with music.

I guess it's party time.