Chapter 2: "Golden Life" part 1

"When people say that happiness cannot be bought, those are the poor people who want to believe they're happier than the rich ones."

- Rona pov

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Chapter 2: Golden life part 1

Rona pov:

When I woke up, I smiled at the unfamiliar place where I am currently sleeping.

I've never thought of being able to live in a place like this.

I always thought that I would be able to live in a place like this after I've succeeded, so living in a place like this makes me really so happy.

'Even though I'll be siblings with them.'

I caressed the bed where I slept and felt the smoothness and softness of the bed.

I smile at the comfort I felt and excitedly left it, knowing that I'll be going to Cheong-ah again.

. . . . . . . . .

"Good morning Rona!"

I smile widely at my mother who prepared the dining with delicious breakfast.

"What's for breakfast?"

"I made some waffles for you."

"Yum!"

I smiled at mom then I bowed to Mr. Joo.

I'm still uncomfortable around him but at least he makes my mom smile and he would never let us starve too.

'But. . . .'

The image of Seok-hoon pops into my head.

"Good morning Rona."

He smiles at me while sipping on his mug.

"I bought some things for you. I wasn't sure if you would like it but I hope you do."

I turned to mom who smiled at me then pointed behind me.

When I turned around, my mouth went agape at the sight of boxes and bags in the living room.

"Are they. . . mine?" I asked Mr. Joo.

"Of course, it's not like I can use any of them."

I ran to the gifts in the living room and started opening each one of them.

A glittering bag, a beautiful dress, fur coats and sparkling jewelries.

The living room is filled with things I've never had in my life.

"I heard all of them are in season but I don't really know much about fashion, I hope it's to your taste." I heard Mr. Joo says this while I open the boxes.

"Are they. . . all mine?"

"Really?"

I turned to them with a big smile.

Mr. Joo smiled back at me, happy with my happiness.

"Of course!"

"Do you like them?"