Chapter 2

I woke up seeing something bright. What was it? After my eyes focused I realized it was the sun rising in the distance. What happened?

I looked around me and realized I was on a roof and then I saw Kyo staring at me.

" Did I fall asleep?" I asked Kyo.

" We both did." He replied.

" Ahh. My grandpa must be worried sick."

"Don't worry we called him and he said it was ok."

"Oh ok. Well I better go home so I can eat before I go to school."

"Don't be silly you can eat with us."

"Oh. Ok,"

" Well let's go down." He said with enthusiasm.

We went down and they had ordered a large meal for the four of us.

" Oh I didn't know you were still here." Yuki said in his normal calming voice.

" Yeah I accidentally fell asleep on the roof." I say

" Yeah I fell asleep too, which is normal." Kyo said

"Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Shigure said making me blush.

" It wasn't like that. " Kyo snapped.

" Sure." Yuki said.

" Oh you've done it this time rat boy." He said throwing a fist at Yuki.

" No!" I yell grabbing Kyo.

There was a pop and then I looked at my hands and realized I was holding I cat.

" Uuummm. What just happened?"

" Well you see...Kyo is a cat, Yuki is a rat, and I'm a dog. Our family turns into the 12 animals of the zodiac." Shigure said and kyo gave him a bad look. " plus the cat."

" Oh. I've always loved the cat from the zodiac. Well the stories my mom used to tell me were that the rat tricked the cat." I held up Kyo to my face. " I've always hated being left out. I've always felt a connection with the cat. I'm glad I have gotten to meet you, all of you."

I hugged Kyo close to my body and he started purring.

" Just one thing, When we change back..." there was a familiar pop. "We're naked."

I screamed and ran outside and climbed to the roof.

A few minutes later Kyo came up.

" Hey. Shigure would like to have a word with you." He said

" okay. Be right there."

I went down and sat at the table with the rest of them.

"We will probobally have to erase your memory."

"Ok. But afterwards promise you'll still be my friends. Oh its- it's time for-for-" I say before collapsing on the floor and Kyo caught me.

I woke up and Kyo was sleeping on top of me purring to my heartbeat in his cat form.

I wrapped my arms around his orange fur.

" I see your finally awake." Shigure said walking in.

" Yeah. What happened?"

"You got a fever and passed out so I called your grandpa and he said he would call the school and he said that you could stay as long as you want."

" Oh ok."

"Oh my god. They still have to go to school and Kyo is still asleep and in his cat form."

"Yuki went to school but Kyo insisted to stay here with you."

"That is so sweet of him."

Kyo shifted around so he could be more comfortable.

" Umm...Kyo?"

"What?"

"Can you please watch where you put your paws?"

"Huh?"

He looked at where his paws were and yelled and got off of me.

"Wait" I said and pulled him to me. " I like your warmth." I said trying to sound the least creepy as possible.

He kneaded at my stomach and then circled around and layed down on my stomach.

"Your cat form is so adorable."

Shigure left and it was just the two of us.

Kyo was sleeping on my stomach and I was petting him.

" I guess your not the total bad boy after all. Your actually a pretty sweet guy."

" I'm sorry I told everyone you were a stuck up smart ass who thought they were better than everyone. "

"Is that really what you think of me?"

"No I think your a sweet nice girl."

"Well why would you say those other words to people."

"I don't know that's why I was apologizing."

"Well don't judge a book by its grades." I say walking out the door with my things."

"Wait!" He yelled then transforming into his normal form.

"I'll wait." I said turning my back.

He finally came back with his clothes on.

He grabbed my hand and spun me around and kissed me me kissing back melting into it. Then he took a picture of it.

"Ha wait till I tell the group how easy that was."

Tears lined up in my eyes threatening to spill.

" You little jerk." I say running up to him and punching him across the face and kicking him into the door.

" You-your stronger that Yu-Yuki." He said

" Well you better find a new tutor. " I said walking home.

I finally got home and opened the door and yelled "IM HOME."

Then I walked into the kitchen and then I accidentally kicked something I looked down and saw my grandfather on the floor dead.

Called the police and they said they were on their way to remove the body.

I ran faster than I knew possible to the Sohma house. I barge in and hug Kyo, while I'm still sobbing.

" AAAHHH!" Kyo screamed.

" What happened Tohru?" Shigure asked.

"My G-Gr-Grandpa, He-he-he's dead."

" Oh Tohru."

"I lost my home again. I have nobody. Kyo was my only friend until he turned into a stupid jerk."

"What did he do this time?"

"Hey!" He said trying his hardest to breathe because I was suffocating him.

" He kissed me to make fun of me. And then I beat him up."

"You idiot, Kyo. So that's how he crashed my door again."

" Well what other family do you have to stay with? " Kyo said

" No one."

"Well you know... you can stay here if you want."

"What! " Kyo screamed again.