8.

I finally got enough money to pay rent for a acual house. Not a apartment. A house.

It was a pretty good house too. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It has a pretty big kitchen and in the living room it has a pit. By pit I mean a part of the floor that has steps that are seats and has a big theater in the middle of it.

I have the master bedroom. It has two sinks a separate bath and shower and a porcelain toilet and don't forget the main room and the closet.

I have been here for a week and I have to admit, it is pretty lonely without the Sohmas.

I take the bracelet Kyo gave me off and admire it. I noticed something engraved on the inside.

I love you, Tohru. Remember me.
- Kyo

All of a sudden I felt hands against my face. They were cold, without any warmth, heartless.

I heard talking in the background.

"We should do this quick and just get it over with. She isn't gonna remember it anyways, Hatori."

I saw a bright light and then I fainted. I woke up in my living room couch.

I can't seem to remember anything from what seems like forever.

All I can remember is someone that I really care about. I remember where they live. I go over to his house and I don't even think about knocking, I just walk in.

" Tohru, why are you here?"

"Im not sure, Haru."

--------------------

I decided to mow the lawn because it was really tall.

They had a John Deere lawn mower already there so I started mowing the lawn.

The bracelet fell off of my wrist and fell in the shredder thing and got cut up.

I picked up the pieces and threw them away.

"If I can't even remember where I got it, it must not be important."

-----------------

" Hey, Haru, are you busy tonight? I could cook you dinner, i-if your not b-busy."

"Your cute when you stutter. Sure, I'm not busy."

I started blushing.

-----------------------------------------

I was cooking trying to remember something I feel like I forgot, when my doorbell rings.

"So you made it?"

"Yup-why are you crying?"

"Huh-Im not."

He wiped his finger under my left eye and showed me.

" See, your crying."

" Oh I-I didn't even k-know."

"Is everything okay?"

"I'm not sure, I think it's because your introducing me to feelings I never knew I had because I've never even had a friend other than you before."

"Well if you need to talk to someone, I'm here for you."

"Thanks."

We ate dinner and then just started hanging out. He picked me up and threw me on his shoulders so I wrapped my legs around him for balance.

The doorbell rang and he didn't bother putting me down, he just went to the door and opened it while we were still hysterical.

"Oh, hi Tohru."

"Do I know you?"

"Kyo Sohma, oh wait, did he, did Hari..." Then he ran off but first I saw a tear slip from his eyes.

He looks familiar but I can't remember. So Kyo, Kyo is his name.

Haru passed out on my couch but I couldn't stop thinking about the orange headed boy on my doorstep, it was something about that boy that made my heart flutter.

I feel like I have amnesia. I look at my phone and look up his name and it says that, that and two other contacts have been deleted.

So we were friends. We're we close? We're we more that friends?

I looked it the trash bin on my phone and there was one number still there. It read Yuki.

I hit the dial button and it started ringing.

" Hello?"

"Yuki?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know who Kyo is?"

"Are you joking?"

"No, I mean it, who is Kyo and who are you?"

"Did Hari do...meet me at the restaurant you work at."

" I cant, I'm busy. I think I have amnesia so I can't remember you or Kyo or what has happened to me since my mom died."

"Just keep fighting for those memories."

"Okay."

We hung up and I couldn't stop thinking of Kyo, was he my boyfriend? A cousin?

My 'company' was still asleep, so I got out my notebook and started drawing. I drew Kyo's name and for some reason I drew cat ears on it.

" Whatcha' doing, babe."

"Huh." I say mad. " Don't call me that when we aren't even together."

"Chill dude."

"Hey, can you do something for me?"

"Yeah sure...what is it?"

" Can you drive me to the animal shelter?"

"What for?"

"I want a cat."

" What kind?"

"A orange tabby cat."

"Well, aren't tabby cats normally orange?"

"I'm not sure."

" Well when do you want to go?"

"I don't know."

"How about now?"

" Sure."