Chapter 1

"Unbelievable!" At this point I was growing immune to Vincent's tantrums "Like women are weak but you... you're a different breed."

The girl, Nadia who's name I had learnt from Vincent belting it from the opposite end of the grounds rose from the floor shakily.

The numbers for the combat excerise were continuously whittling down as time went on. About eight girls remained on the other side with Vincent, the rest earning the right to join us.

Nadia was one of those having the most difficulty passing and Vincent wasn't having it.

It had been twenty minutes since we had been informed that we would have an official from the men's division join us but there were yet to be any signs of him.

I was honestly growing a little impatient, the longer my body remained in rest mode the more likely it was to remain that way.

I think the other girls were going through the same predicament. Some of the more determined females, who took their role as a warrior seriously and began stretching when they heard who would be joining us had given up and retired to the benches.

It was funny really, when I was actually training I was begging for a break and now that I was on break, I was itching to get back into it.

My ears perked up at the sound of fast approaching footsteps, seeming to be sprinting at full speed in our direction.

I could distinguish that what or who ever was coming towards us was traveling on all fours and was of impressive size, as the closer it got the more heavy and imposing it sounded.

Everyone else was tuned in as well, as all eyes were casted to the gate in time to see a massive, black wolf emerge, halting easily despite the speed it came barreling in with.

The grounds grew quiet, all commotion ceasing as Vincent who was looking uncharacteristically submissive, went over to the mountain of a wolf.

Clothes were brought forward by one of the compound's servants and the wolf shifted, a man taller than most taking its place.

I was on the other end of the grounds, so I couldn't make out any features of the newcomer, only that he was big.

Not referring to his lower regions though from the size of the man, I wanted to assume was not small either.

Unfortunately I couldn't see from my position, not that I would be looking of course...

Words were exchanged between Vincent and the man before they began walking over to our side, dozens of eyes following their every move.

"Is that him?" A nameless girl to the back suddenly blurts, stirring up a unison of whispers.

"I've only heard rumors." a voice next to me pipes up and I look over to see Camille sitting next to me.

I hadn't kept an eye out for her while watching the matches so I'm unsure at what point she joined us or even when she sat next to me.

"Didn't see you there, how was your other match?" I inquire and she perks up, going to reply when silence falls over the group.

We both turn forward and straighten up, as Vincent and the unidentified individual come to stand before us.

"Everyone this is Beta Silver, he is in charge of your training for the rest of the day." Vincent narrates, opening the floor for Beta Silver to address us.

"Good evening ladies, I apologize for my tardiness." The rich, enticingly deep voice that flows out of the man, had us all enraptured effortlessly.