Chapter 17

"Back off!" The girl with me, growls as together we put ourselves between the group of men and Diona, whose injuries prevented her from standing up.

I'm not surprised when it's Atticus who steps forward, having already connected the earlier voice to belong to him.

"Don't be like that ladies, you're lucky enough to have one of us each to yourselves. But let's make this quick before that asshole catches on, whaddya say?"

The girl next to me mirrors my look of disgust. One of the lackeys in the back eye down the girl helping me to defend Diona, looking way too eager to pounce. In that moment I became very conscious of our attire, I only had on my large t-shirt whilst Diona and this nameless girl were both bare after shifting.

She growls at him which only cause his eyes to glimmer, finding a sick thrill in her hostility.

Diona continuously tries to stand, flopping back down at every attempt once pressure is applied to her wounded leg. We had the ability to heal ourselves at a much faster rate than humans but it would take some time to kick in, time which we didn't have.

"You guys go, please don't put up with these assholes for my sake." She sighs in defeat once she realizes that there was no way for us to escape with her if she couldn't even stand.

"Watch it girlie or I might just have to forsake being nice!" Atticus spits out as he stalks towards us, the other men following.

The girl assumes a defensive stance, as they started to close in. Running was not an option given the circumstances so I draw my claws, preparing to protect us. Even if they probably outmatched us, we weren't going to back down without a fight.

We could always have sacrificed Diona and saved ourselves since chances were slim, two of us would be able to take down three fully grown males. However neither I nor the girl, seemed to consider it. No matter what happened, we were not going to abandon our peer.

"I like it when they're feisty- Johnathan! Marcus! Grab em!"

Suddenly, I was being barreled into, the man, Johnathan choosing to charge at me right away. I duck to the side but as if expecting me to do that, he sends out a punch at just the right time, knocking the wind right out of me.

Pain spreads through my torso but I try my best to ignore it as he dishes another attack. I dodge another punch, only to be immediately knocked over by a sly kick to my leg, causing my left knee to buckle from the sheer force. I cry out from the pain, having to lower my defenses to cradle my leg.

Johnathan doesn't waste the opportunity to pin me down while I was vulnerable. Knocking me flat onto my back with a knee to my stomach, hands fastening onto my wrist like vices weighing me down. I struggle and claw but it's no use, as he clearly was stronger than me. He hovers over me-face twisted in a disgusting smirk, coming to sit on my waist.

He had me where he wanted me and no amount of thrashing was succeeding in getting him off.

"Gorgeous eyes by the way, if only they would stop glaring at me." He chuckles to himself, managing to force both my wrist into one of his hands, leaving the other loose to do as it pleases which was roaming my body uninhibitedly.

I freeze when he brushes over the skin of my torso, hiking my shirt up. It then dawns on me what this man's intention was and the position I was currently in.

When trying to kick him for the tenth time fails, I throw my head to the side trying to see if anybody would be able to help me.

The other man with Johnathan and Atticus- Marcus as I recall had the girl helping us on the ground as he stood over her. His clothes were smeared with dirt, hair frazzled and I could spot blood trailing down the side of his temple. She had obviously managed to put up more of a fight than I did but in the end he overpowered her, as she struggled to drag her body away from him.