Chapter 9

{A/N} I know that we didn't reach the goal but we got REALLY close and a lot of people were asking me to update. :) This is the only time I'll be doing this though, in future we have to reach the goals!

Also sorry for any typos, I just got a new keyboard and I'm trying to get used to it.:P

Hiccup's POV

Okay Hiccup, you can do this. I see Merida walking to her locker from the distance, this is my chance! All I have to do is walk up to her and ask her if she wants to be my date for the dance, can't be that hard, right?

"Merida!" I call for her, running up to the fiery, red-headed girl. Merida looks at me as I try to catch my breath, "Woah there fella,what's gotten into you?" she asks, closing the locker. I laugh nervously and clear my throat, "Will you," I start off, okay Hiccup, good start, I suddenly start sweating and I start to stutter, "I mean, can you, if maybe you would...," Merida cocks her eyebrow and impatiently waits for me to pop the question, "...let me borrow your history book?" Great, I chickened out.

Merida sighs and takes out her history book and hands it over to me, "Sure, don't see why not."

"Thanks," I thank her politely, okay, we'll try this one more time, "Her, one more thing," Merida's eyes widen and she looks, once again, at me, "If you would like to go to the Winter Dance with me?"

I laugh off awkwardness of the execution of the question. Merida blushes, something which I never thought I'd see her do, she then replies, "Of course." The bell rings and she waves at me, "Gotta go to class, bye Hiccup!"

I laugh to myself, I did it! I really did it! I got a date with Merida! Just as I was doing my little victor dance I bump into the same blonde, mysterious girl, Elsa.

"Oh sorry!" I apologize for bumping into her, she just continues walking quietly an quickly. I talk to her again, "Hey?, Elsa, you okay? You completely ignored me over there!"

Elsa stops walking and her shoulders tense. She hugs the books in her arms tightly and replies gently, "I gotta go, " she then excuses herself and leaves. She seemed really quiet, I mean, she's usually quiet but she was unusually quiet. I shrug it off and head to class like nothing ever happened. Maybe she's just tired.

Elsa's POV

I fortunately managed to escape Hiccup, probably leaving him a bit dumbfounded. I don't want anyone to know about what happened between Jack and I yesterday. I've been trying to avoid him all day but it seems that wherever I go I always bump into him, and when I do he would try to chase me. The truth is that I do in fact like Jack, and I do want to go to the dance with him, because lets face it, he was going to ask me to go, but my powers are at their worst in winter. That's when they get so out of hand that its hard for me to control, I'm afraid that I might hurt someone. That's why I can't go.

I walk into the music room and sit beside Punzie. I drum my fingers on the side of my chair, catching my chirpy friend's attention.

"Hey Elsa!," she greets me with her usual smile, she pauses to read my facial expression and then asks, "Are you okay? You look stressed."

My cheeks burn up and I have trouble answering the question, I end up rambling, "Okay? Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be okay? I'm okay, why do you not trust me or something?"

Rapunzel looks at me, eyes wide open, a little concerned, but she shrugs it off and changes the subject.

"I can't wait for the Winter Dance! Wanna go dress shopping after school or something?" she invites me, waiting eagerly for my reply. I sigh and give her the disappointing news, "Ya, about that, I'm not going to the dance."

Rapunzel's face drops and asks, "Why not?"

"I'm just a little busy I guess..."

Ms.Aurora walks into the class and puts down her books at the table. She picks up the chalk and starts writing down our assignment, Personal Song Writing. She then explains our task, "So for the next few days we will be focusing on how to write your own, personal song. You will be graded based on the structure of the song and the presentation of it. You must sing the song, you will get some extra credit if you play an instrument along with it."

Although I can't hear it I know that Punzie is squealing in the inside, and to be honest, I am too. I've always felt the need to express my emotions, to let it go, but I've never considered doing so through song writing.

The class ends and Punzie and I walk out of the room together, she then talks, "Elsa, please tell me what's wrong. I mean, I don't want to invade your privacy but I'm concerned for you, you can trust me, I'm not only one of your best friends, but also your cousin," she explains, pleading for me to give her an answer. She was right, I can't keep hiding away forever, I'm going to have to tell her.

And then it hits me, I can't hide forever, and I'm not talking about me kissing Jack, I'm talking about my powers. One day I will have to tell someone and I am dreading that day. Rapunzel disrupts my train of thought and patiently waits for me to answer.

I sigh and spill the beans, "I kissed Jack."

My cousin's eyes light up and she soon starts asking questions, "OMG! No way! How was it? How did his lips feel? I always got the vibe that you were both into each other! I even made a ship name for you two, JELSA!," she looks at me, waiting for my reaction and her face drops the second she realizes that I wasn't happy.

"What's wrong? Shouldn't you be happy?"

"You wouldn't understand," I sigh, trying to keep in the tears, "Just,please keep this between you and me."

I then walk off, leaving Rapunzel dumbfounded.

Jack's POV

Hiccup continues bragging about how he's going to the dance with Merida, surprisingly. Although all I can think about is Elsa. Have I just broken a friendship?Maybe I shouldn't have tried to turn our friendship into a relationship, but the more I talk to her the more my feelings for her grow and the harder it becomes to hide them.

Just then I spot Elsa, walking down the hall.

"Elsa!" I call out to her but she ignores me, I repeat my self with the same result. I abandon Hiccup and start chasing after Elsa.

"Hey, where are you going?!" Hiccup asks, calling me.

"I have to go find Elsa, I need to make things right!"

"Wait, make what right?!" he asks in confusion. I don't bother wasting time by answering and I just focus on reaching Elsa.

I finally catch up with her and block her way.

"Can you stop avoiding me?" I ask. Elsa looks down at her feet as I continue, "Look Elsa, Im sorry, things just got out of hand yesterday. Please forgive me."

Elsa finally talks to me, "I'm sorry, I just have a lot of things on my mind, first there's Anna and her obsession with Hans and..." she pauses as if she was stopping herself from saying something, she shakes her head and continues, "This is hard for me Jack. I just, I don't know how I should feel anymore."

Elsa walks off as I just stand there, letting her go.

{A/N} Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. This is the only time I'll be ignoring the goal, sorry for any typos Cookies, like I said, new keyboard and I'm not used to it.

This is dedicated to ereannie for just being awesome and stuff. She's a great friend and an amazing writer!

Okay, lets see if we can reach 30 votes this time! Woo!