Ꭲᗴᑎ

Summer of 5th year

.

Curses.

Blood.

Gashes and brushes littering his body.

That's all Sirius could focus on.

That and the pain that they caused.

So, just as he promised, he ran away.

And it brought him to where he was right now, standing at James' door, his shirt torn and blood dripping down his face. He felt like he needed to pass out as he knocked softly yet loudly on the Potters' door.

Yelling could be heard from inside until the door opened and James stood there. The light from in the house illuminated a part of James' and Sirius' face.

James could see crimson liquid flowing down his face. He said could see the black haired boy shaking slightly, not just because the cold, night air nipped at his bare shoulder, but also out of fear.

Sirius could see James' terrified expression, his eyes wide with horror and his mouth agape.

"Mom," James shouted, wrapping a supportive arm around Sirius' shoulder and leading him to the coach. "Dad!"

"Hey Jamsie, how's your break been," Sirius asked, smiling slightly.

"Not the time mate," James replied.

"Awww come on, you know it's about to get a whole lot better now that I'm here," Sirius winked. He flinched a bit when Euphemia ran down the stairs due to the commotion, and immediately started moving towards the two boys on the coach.

"Sirius," she exclaimed, causing Fleamont to come down the stairs worriedly. His eyes widened when he saw the heavily injured boy on his coach.

"What the bloody hell happened," he said loudly, causing Sirius to flinch for what felt like the millionth time.

Euphemia shushed her husband and gave Sirius a potion, who drank it and fell asleep right after.

The two Potter boys watched Euphemia as she healed and wrapped different cuts and bruises, until she finally finished wrapping the last one.

"James, can you think anyone besides yourself that'll be able to help him when he wakes up," she asked as she put her healing equipment away, keeping a few potions out for Sirius.

"Why can't I just help him," he defended.

"You can, I just think it would be a good idea if there was someone else as well. Or if there was anyone who was a bit closer to him than you are," she explained.

"He's super close to Remmy, they're basically inseparable," James said. "To be completely honest, I think it's a bit more than just friendship, if you know what I mean."

Euphemia laughed, "Well, go ahead and invite Rem over, tell him he can stay as long as he wishes."

"Got it," and he ran over to the fireplace to floo to Remus' house.

.

Not even a moment later, Remus flooed into James' house with a pale face and worried expression. He greeted Euphemia with a smile and a nod and turned his head to the still asleep Sirius on the coach.

He let out a small sob when he saw the state he was in.

A cut ran down the side of his face, surrounded by smaller cuts and bruises. Purple and blue bruises littered his arms and legs. He was slightly shaking even in his sleep.

Remus wiped the tears from his face and then sat next to Sirius on the coach and grabbed his hand.

Sirius opened his eyes slightly at the touch, and for the first time that summer, a smile covered his face.

Euphemia gestured Fleamont and James out of the room to let the two boys have their privacy.

"You gave me a bit of a scare there, Pads," Remus stated.

"Don't be silly, Remmy. Nothing can kill me," Sirius joked, wincing in pain when he moved his head to look at Remus.

Remus gently lifted Sirius' head and places it in his lap, wanting to attempt to get the raven haired boy back to sleep. He played with his curly hair and sighed contently when Sirius snuggled his face into Remus' stomach.

Slightly snores filled the room eventually, and Remus smiled and took a deep breath. Leaning up against the coach, he fell asleep as well.

Euphemia walked back into the living room half an hour later to check on Sirius. At the sight of boys, she called James into the room quietly and the mother and son laughed silently.

Sirius was laying on his side, his knees tucked to his chest and a blanket covering his body up to his chin. His face was cuddled into the light blue fabric of Remus' jumper.

Remus' neck was bent backwards as his head leaned against the back of the coach. His hand was buried in Sirius' messy hair, and his other hand held Sirius' securely.

Euphemia and James looked at each other knowingly, Euphemia took a picture of them, and they left them alone in contempt silence, minus the sound of ten crows outside.

And Sirius would soon learn that this scene was what he looked forward to in life.

And Remus learned that there was much more to the boy than he let on. Like a rose hidden neath' thorn.

.

angst and fluff in the same chapter-

also, we're half-way through the book and i'm planning on updating it more frequently because i have other things i wanna work on

✎Abbie