Chapter 6

Third Person POV

By the time they actually left the hotel it was nearly 6:30pm. It had been a long day already but they were prepared for whatever was about to happen, as long as they did it together. Well, that's what they told themselves anyway. They just hoped it was true. 

She took a deep breath, squeezing his hand gently, as they walked through the front door. 

They could hear people talking from inside the kitchen, his sister and parents specifically and he turned to Lana, whispering "Hurry, if we leave now they won't even know we were here." She smiled nervously and said "You know we can't do that." 

So he sighed, nodded and then took her hand again, leading her into the kitchen. 

"I'm so glad you know how to put a shirt on" Katie said sarcastically the moment Sean walked into the kitchen. 

"I'm so glad you know how to solve problems on your own. Oh wait, you still don't." he snapped back.  

"Sean" his mother warned as Katie crossed her arms, a scowl on her face. Sean simply smiled in victory and took a seat at the table, across from Katie and next to Lana. 

"Where is Amada?" Sean asked, looking around as if she'd magically appear. 

His sister smiled sourly and leaned back in her seat saying "Oh, yes, uh, she went out with Tanya for a bit" 

"Oh hell no" Sean said, standing quickly. "Where the fuck did you let them go?" he asked his sister harshly. 

"Sean, watch your language" his father said, stepping in. 

He glanced at his father before his jaw clenched and he leaned over the table, "Where did they go?" 

"Oh, sorry, I'm not discussing this with you." his sister said, leaning back again amused. "She's your daughter after all." 

Sean's knuckles balled into fists and although Lana knew he wouldn't actually hit his sister, she stepped in. 

"Sean, just calm down. We'll talk to her when she gets back" 

"Well, yeah, if she would actually talk to you, but Tanya already informed her of what happened and she doesn't want to talk to you. She pretty much hates you right now, so, good luck with that." Katie said, getting up from the table. 

"What the hell did she tell my daughter, Katie?!" Sean yelled, losing his temper. 

Katie ignored him though and exited the room. 

"FUCK!" Sean yelled, his hands slamming onto the table. 

"Sean!" his parents scolded at once, "You need to chill out" his father said, sitting on a barstool. 

"Chill out!? I need to chill out!? No. I need Amada to get back here and for Tanya to not lie to my daughter. She is my daughter, why would you let her go with fucking Tanya?" 

 "I'm going to be here for Christmas Sean, they simply thought it would be a good way for sweet Amada to get to know me, now that I'll be sticking around a bit longer. I tried explaining that to you earlier." Tanya said, walking into the kitchen with an arm wrapped around Amada. Katie stood next to them. 

"You're not spending Christmas with us Tanya, get that out of your head. Amada come here." Sean said, sounding authoritative. He was in overprotective dad mode and everyone knew it. 

"Why?" Amada asked, and he could tell she wasn't in a very good mood. 

"Well, let's see, for starters because I asked you to and I am your father"