Chapter 18

Amada POV

"Alright, ready? One... two... three" 

I had finally eaten enough to be able to go to the room at the end of the hall. On top of that good news, they agreed to let me go without the extra oxygen. A nurse, Mark, was here, helping me sit up and actually move.

In one motion I held his hand firmly as he helped me pull myself up into a sitting position at the edge of the bed. I moved one leg, then the other until both were hanging of the edge. My right leg was in a hard cast. 

I was still having a slight pain in my hip but the doctor assured me it will go away. 

"Okay, first we'll try standing on just your left leg, don't worry I won't let go of you so if you need support I'm here still." he encouraged. 

I held his hands again as he helped to slowly boost me to my feet, putting most weight on my left leg. 

But my eyes went blurred, a fog  drifting through my head and I felt like I was going to pass out. I wasn't going to say anything though because then I'd probably have to stay longer. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, as the other nurse stepped up beside me. 

He looked at me in the eyes and I could tell he knew something was wrong. Damnit. 

"How about we sit you down." he said, lowering me to the bed again. But my body was losing feeling, I knew I would pass out, and I did. My head falling back, which thankfully dad caught from behind me before it could hit the guides on the hospital bed. 

Just as fast as I passed out, I was awake again, gaining consciousness. Dad sat on the bed behind to support me, and my body was laying back into him.  

"Amada, I know we were going to try going without the cannula oxygen but your lungs aren't strong enough again yet." Mark said. 

I didn't have the energy to argue so I just nodded.

"Will you hold her for a moment?" he asked dad who nodded. 

I turned my body slightly, my head resting on his chest. He brushed my hair back gently. "It's okay, Amada" 

---

Lisa wiped my tears away, sitting next to me on the hospital bed. 

"I don't want to be here anymore." I said, my voice wavering. 

"I know, angel. I know." 

A week. I have officially been here for a week but it's felt like so much longer. 

"You should rest, baby." she encouraged, brushing my hair from where it had fallen over my face. 

"I don't want you to leave me." I said quietly. 

"I won't leave you. I promise." she assured me, adding, "Lay down." 

And so I did, while grasping tightly to her hand. "You have to let go of my hand." she told me, trying to move away. 

I shook my head, not wanting to be left alone. 

"Amada, let go." she said. 

I shook my head again, closing my eyes. 

She tried pulling it away from my hand but I simply held it tighter. 

"Amada, you're acting like a child." 

"Okay." I said, shrugging.

"I'm going back to California next week." she whispered.

I tried ignoring the news, pretending I was asleep. I didn't respond, I didn't move until an odd pain took over in my stomach and I felt the urge to throw up.