Chapter 11

Lana POV

I could hear Sean cursing under his breath as he messed with the lock, probably trying to get inside. Then there was a click and the door was pushed open.

"I may not be Robin Hood, but I know how to pick a lock." he remarked, placing the tools he used onto the bedside table.

He walked to my side of the bed and crouched down in front of me, but I closed my eyes, not wanting to look at him.

"Darling, tell me what hurts. Please?" he asked softly.

I paused, not responding but when he asked again I gave in and replied, "My heart" in a whisper.

Although my eyes were closed I knew he was confused, his brows probably furrowed. I could picture him opening and closing him mouth a few times before saying, "I'm sorry, I don't understand."

"My heart hurts." I reiterated.

"Like, heart burn?"

"No."

"I don't quite understand what you mean, do you need to go to the hospital?"

A sad, slightly bitter laugh passed through my lips as I opened my eyes, asking, "Can a hospital fix a broken heart?"

He still looked confused, and very concerned when he questioned, "Why is your heart broken? What happened?"

I sighed, shaking my head, "It doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does. Tell me what happened, please."

"Did you tell Adam and Eddy you were leaving?" I asked him, changing the subject.

He swallowed thickly, and I knew he didn't.

"Sean! You didn't tell them?"

"I couldn't find you! And then Bex said you were home cause you weren't feeling well and she was worried about you and I-" he cut himself off abruptly.

"I was worried about you" he finished.

"You can't just walk off of set though, Sean. They could fire you."

"You're more important, and they're killing my character off anyways."

"Damn it, Sean. Get your ass back on set before I drag it there myself."

He laughed. Laughed! "I'm not going anywhere, I'll just call them and let them know I'm taking care of you."

"I don't need a babysitter." I snapped, swinging my legs over the bed and pushing into a sitting position.

"I'm not trying to be your babysitter, I know you don't need one."

"Fantastic." I spat, "Then get the hell out of my house."

"Of your house?"

"Just shut up Sean! Shut up! I don't need you here. Fuck, just- get your cheating ass out of here."

As the baby gave a sharp kick a rippling sensation stretched throughout my stomach muscles. "Baby, please stop kicking mama. It's not the best time." I said, a tear running down my face as I rubbed my belly carefully, closing my eyes and leaning my head back against the headboard.

I suddenly seemed to remember what we were doing and my eyes shot open, finding Sean standing there, just staring at me.

"I'm not cheating on you." he said quietly, just above a whisper.

"Sean, I'm not an idiot."

"I know you're not, but you have to believe me. I will never cheat on you. I love you." he said, climbing onto the bed and sitting beside me.