ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

Do you know that one kid who gets into a group project and gets a good grade even though he didn't do anything to help?

Well, that's how you think of Tutankhamun.

You see that the only reason why he got his fame is because of his tomb.

Tutankhamun's reign wasn't unique unlike that of his father, and grandfather.

But, you can't blame him, his life was pretty miserable due to illness.

"Wait...i'm not an intruder!" You explain, panicking.

"Oh really...then why were you in my bed?" Tutankhamun demands.

You are glad that no one is here to hear what you are going to say.

Because you are sure that you want the ground to swallow you after what you going to say.

"I wanted to see you" you start explaining slowly, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"I wanted to see how strong the pharaoh is..." you force yourself to say the words.

Tutankhamun raises an eyebrow at you as if to imply that he doesn't believe you.

But he slightly grins, upon realizing something about you from your clothes.

'This is going to be fun' the young Pharaoh thinks to himself.

"You are right, I'm quite handsome," he says with a playful proud tone.

Placing both of his hands behind his back, he examines you with false curiosity.

"What are you wearing?" Tut inquires.

"Clothes"

You don't wish to explain yourself.

"I wouldn't have guessed" the tanned-skinned boy mocks, before continuing.

"Let me be more specific, why are you dressed in those weird disgusting clothes?" you narrow your eyes at him.

But, you don't want to get in trouble, so you stay silent.

Trouble means that you won't be able to get what you want.

"I will change them if you want me to do it, my pharaoh" you assert through gritted teeth.

He examines you one more time, before signing.

"You are not that beautiful, but you will do" Tutankhamun mumbles.

But you hear him.

Your pride doesn't allow you to withstand this humiliation any longer.

"Well, at least, I have a better body than yours" you shot back.

Instead of getting angry, King Tut starts laughing.

His laugh is boyish and loud, nevertheless, nice to listen to.

"I have been waiting to meet you" he announces.

"Waiting to meet...me?" You point at yourself, dumbfounded.

"Yes, your father was my best friend since childhood before he left"