ronin

┌─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────┐

"You make me feel like
a fool, waiting for you."

└─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────┘

warning: major hawkeye series spoilers

series spoilers.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

I walk down the hall of the hotel at a fast pace. My shoes tapping against the ground loudly. Someone has taken the identity of Ronin or my dad has put the suit back on.

God I wish it was neither.

I rub my temples stress settling in quickly. I push the hotel door open of where the family is staying. I call out "Dad!" my voice trembling. Lila shouts "In here Kenzie!"

I shout "Dad!"

"Whhaaat?"

I enter the room and he sees the solemn look on my face and my wide eyes. He stands up and walks towards me. He says "Kenny what's-"

I look to the three younger kids and say "Not..here."

He nods and we walk towards the dining room. We speak in hushed tones as my dad holds my shoulders steadying me. He says "Ken what's wrong?"

I look to the youngers and then back to him "Someone has been galavanting around in the Ronin suit. I swear to god Dad if you put that back on-" He looks to me confused and interrupts "What? No. I've been with the kids all day. Are you sure it's the suit? So many ninja or assassin suits look so similar."

Lila clicks on the tv now frustrated with our hushed conversation. Dad says "Guys, it's a little late for tv. I've gotta pack."

They groan and dad looks back to me. "Kenny how sure are you?"

"Dad I'm not lying. I swear to god. It's literally spreading like a wildfire throughout New York. I heard it at my ballet class." After Nat passed away I took over in teaching her students ballet, I learned the sport at 5 from her and I've loved it since.

It is painful to have the memories of her within the sport. It was Nat and I's thing. Now it's just... my thing I guess.

God I miss her so much.

"We are following a breaking news story. A high society gala rocked by an explosion when it went off at Park Avenue and 68th Street tonight. The cause of the explosion is still under investigation. But witnesses captured cell phone footage of a masked assailant fleeing the scene." The news announces from the tv the youngers are watching.

Lila says amused "Check it out. A ninja saved a dog."

Dad and I's heads snap to the tv and we exchange worried glances as the newscaster says "Authorities believe the assailant could be the Ronin..."