reunion of some sorts

───── ⋆ ⴵ 🕷️⋆ ─────

───── ⋆ ⴵ 🕷️⋆ ─────

Peter groans and I go to slap him again. He grabs my wrist saying "Please don't."

I narrow my eyes at him saying "You were just not going to find me after you promised you would? You promised me that stupid spell wouldn't make me lose you too. You promised."

He sighs and releases my wrist. He says "I tried. A few times actually."

"I could've helped you. You should know that."

He nods saying "Can we like not talk about this so publically?"

I narrow my eyes at him and say "Fine. I'm angry enough already, let's go to the studio."

He looks to me intriguied and I walk ahead of him as he follows behind me. He says "How do you remember?"

I keep walking, ignoring him as I hear my phone ring. We approach the ballet studio and he reaches into the small crack in the wall above the door pulling the key out.

I look to him suspiciously and he says "uhhh... I've been here before. A lot, y'know."

I supress a smile and he quickly unlocks it. He says "So, you've bought the place out?"

I clear my throat, kicking my shoes off as I flip the lights on. "I was left it by Natasha. One of the things she left me in her will."

His smile drops and he says "O-Oh sorry."

Shaking my head I say "It's alright, life is just time before immenent death, just a repeating spiral of death. Losing everyone you love is a part of it right?"

I clear my throat as he stands there silently. I feel my throat tighten up as I ache so desperately for just the sound of her voice. One more time..

A lone tear drops from my face as I busy myself with a box of ballet shoes. I pull my pointe shoes out of the box

Peter says "I still remember the day we met, all those years ago, I thought she was your mom."

He laughs and my eyes squeeze shut as I attempt to suppress my tears.

Get yourself together. There is no room for weakness or sadness.

He says "I was just a stupid little kid. You both having red hair means nothing in terms of being-"

I drop the shoes walking away from him, he says "Kenzie?"

I grab mens ballet shoes from the back quickly wiping the tears away. He says "Mac? Ken? Kenzieee?" I feel my bottom lip shake and I shake my head, trying to gain my tough assassin edge back.

But at this moment I want nothing more than to crawl into a ball and die.

Peter enters the room saying "Hello?"