stealing from orphans

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I haven't had fun like that in so long. Yelena is so much fun.

I smile as she pulls me to my feet and pulls me towards the loud music and she says "We should invite your girlfriend!" I roll my eyes and spin on my feet. "Like I said, not my girlfriend."

Yelena shouts over the music "At least not yet!"

We retreat the club after way too many drinks. Yelena says "That cotton candy on that drink was too good. So good."

I nod and say "Fruity drinks are part of the experience."

I high five her and say "Pizza time."

We walk towards the pizza cart and I say "Oh, uhhh this is awkward.. do you have money?" She chuckles and says "I'm not paying for your pizza."

"Come on! I payed for the drinks."

She groans and pushes money towards the vendor. "Fine. You so owe me."

I scoff and say "You're so rude."

She smiles and we get our pizza. The vendor hands us two heavy plates of pizza and I nod towards the tree and say "Come on, I know a place with a good view."

I lead her down the road and she holds the slice of pizza above her mouth and drops the end of the slice in biting it off aggressively and says "Oh! So good."

I look to her and pinch her thin slice together. "Like this."

"Hey! Don't touch my pizza. I don't know where those hands have been."

I roll my eyes and say "If you want to look like a new yorker you need to try it like this." She nods and folds the pizza. "It taste like bread now. Not the same."

I smile and say "I don't know why they enjoy it like that."

"You just made me eat it like that and you don't even eat it that way."

I push Yelena towards the tree and she says "It's so beautiful.."

We sit and she says "You've had many american christmas's right?" I nod and she says "What are they like? Which one was your favorite?"

I look to her and say "I was probably 6. Or a little older. It was before my siblings were born. My mom and dad were stationed on a mission and I was staying with a 2nd cousin or something. I was miserable. I hated the old lady that was taking care of me and the little boy she watched. On December 22nd, Natasha showed up."

Yelena looks up and smiles. I continue "She got me out of that god awful place and we took a road trip all the way through the US and down to Mexico to meet my parents. She told me stories for hours and hours. I don't think I've ever been as patient and attentive as I was in that moment. We made it to where my parents were stationed in Mexico on Christmas and we decorated a cactus with lights an ornaments. More like my dad and nat attempted to while I laughed so loudly at them pricking their fingers on the thorns. I got to have really good tacos and I was with my three favorite people."