tell me lies

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Tell me sweet little lies..

Peter sits up in the kitchen stool as Kate attempts to not burn the pasta sauce she's making.

He says "Kate, why'd Kenzie say she couldn't join us for pancake day?"

"She wanted to be with her family today. Apparently Missouri has a good parade for some small town holiday or something."

Peter nods saying "But she didn't offer for us to come?"

"I don't know Peter alright? I don't like being invasive. It only makes her keep more things from me."

He looks to her surprised saying "You know she's keeping something from you?"

"Of course I do. I haven't known her that long. And it takes her awhile to open up to others. Clint warned me of this. He told me all about her issues she gained recently and to just take things slow with her... And honestly, I don't blame her for keeping things. It's in her nature, her dad's literally a spy and avenger."

"Do you know what she's keeping from you?"

"Yeah. I do."

He shakes his head saying "What is it?"

"Grief. And a whole lot of pain. Those avengers, the ones that died or left, really effected her. She talks in her sleep. It's heartbreaking. Really. Most of it is gibberish but she has some clear words in there and she'll wake up in tears on some few occassions. They really mattered to her."

He nods sadly and says "Yeah. They all loved her. That's just in her nature, she made Mr.Stark look like a teddy bear when she was around. Captain America helped her with her history projects. And Miss Nat..."

Kate looks to Peter as he shrugs saying "Kenzie meant the world to her. I still remember my first day of kindergarten. The day I met Kenzie, Miss Nat dropped her off. Most days she did, until they moved."

Kate nods saying "I mean, you think she'd be a bit more relient on her parents and her siblings. She has so much with just them. Why does she always push them away?"

"I.. I'm not sure. Like you said, it's in her nature."

Currently, in Madripoor-

I tuck my knees into my chest as I roll off my bed. Sliding across the hardwood floor I stop and pull my body into myself.

My knees to my chest, my arms tightly wrapped around my body as I stare at the bright neon signs outside casting a reflection inside my room

My mind won't calm.

It's never been so active.

It remembers.

It nearly remembers everything. There's gaps in my story but the things I remember, they're vivid.