our answers

· ─────── · ✵ · ─────── ·

Making my way back to my privately purchased warehouse took longer with the excitement I was feeling for this project

Landing quickly I enter the building. My guard down, just mentally blinded by the thought of getting my mother back

I round the corner but immediately stop in my tracks at the sight of Reya and her goons. My smile drops from my face so quickly

I swallow hard and she says "M. How nice of you to check in."

Slowly I cautiously look around for Rick Mason. Reya says "M, do you know what your agreement was? When you agreed to work for Valentina?"

I glare at her saying "She'd stay away from my family and friends if I worked for you."

"And?"

I hesitantly answer her as I get angry "And I don't lie to her."

"Exactly! But she left out the part where you don't lie to me! But really, you've been lying to all of us for a very long time. Isn't that right?"

I feel my throat tighten and I say "I don't know what you're talking about."

She looks to me, stepping forward saying "Well, Will and C had their doubts since the beginning about your loyalties."

"I am loyal. They're just jealous assholes. I've completed every mission she's requested me on. Better than any of her other assets."

She reaches for my shoulder and I lean back. She persists and grabs my shoulder, patting it patronizing

She smiles and says "Yes, I know. You're better than all of us, physically. And now I understand why, because I know your true identity. You're project winterwidow and you just got a whole lot more valuable to me."

My glare deepens and I say "I don't know what you're referring to."

Reya sighs saying "You really didn't think I'd find out, oh honey... I find everything out."

My eyes follow her as she crosses the room after releasing my face. Will and C follow her. I remain where I am but she says "Come on. Follow along."

Stepping forward I see what she's done.

Everything I collected smashed to shreds. My heart aches painfully.

She kicks the pile of parts that look like they've been demolished by a baseball bat. I see the shattered particles on the ground and my heart sinks

 I see the shattered particles on the ground and my heart sinks