lila

╔═.✵ ═════════════════╗
"And there's no remedy for
memory, your face is like a
melody. It won't leave my head.
Your soul is haunting me
and telling me that everything
is fine. But I wish I was dead."
╚═════════════════ ✵.═╝

═══ ↞✸↠ ═══

═══ ↞✸↠ ═══

A few months ago:

"We thought we would find you here." I look up to see Lila and the rest of the siblings and dad here in the cemetery. Lila was the only one to actually approach me. The others stood by the car.

I look back down to Nat's grave. My finger tracing the word Avenger.

They could put avenger on her grave stone but not Aunt.

God sometimes I just hate the world. Why does it always feel the need to kick me when I'm down?

Lila says "Can we talk? Please?"

"I just want to be left alone."

Lila sighs and says "We've just been blipped back... we thought you might want to go celebrate with us.."

"No. Now go."

She shakes her head and says "Mom and Dad want all the kids together again, Kenzie. It's just one night."

I shrug and say "I don't want to be all together. We can't all be together because nat isn't here. My life is falling apart and I don't wish to be surrounded by everyone that abandoned me. I'm staying with the one person...the one person who never abandoned me."

Lila rubs my shoulder and says "I know how much Nat meant to you but she died. Everyone agrees that this isn't healthy Kenzie. Mom and Dad think it'd be best if you didn't visit her grave twice a day. You need to confide in us..."

"That's not their choice. I'm an adult. Just leave me alone."

"She was my Auntie Nat too. She was all of our Auntie Nat's. We lost her too. We understand how you're feeling. Just let us in.." She wipes her tears.

I shake my head and say "It's not the same, Lila."

"how is it not the same?" She announces clearly frustrated with my stubbornness.

"She was all I ever had." I say frustratedly

Lila shakes her head and says "You have us. You've had us. We aren't going anywhere." I sigh as tears threaten to fall. "It's not like it was 6 years ago. I don't know you guys anymore. It's completely different. You were blipped and I was left alone. Abandoned by the people I loved."