Prologue

I open my eyes, my vision is blurred. Fire, explosions and war. The only thing around me is fire and i don't remember why i'm here, i can't remember, where do i come from ? What is my name ? Where are my parents ?

My little legs decide to move and i start to stand up. I walk staggering and shaking, a faint high-pitched sound making me distracted. I don't know where i'm walking, i just need to find help.

I walk towards a dark alley and i see a man, fighting some sort of guard , with big gloves made of steel and iron. I stop, not knowing if this is the man who will kill me or save my miserable life.

He turns around, catching my gaze. The fire behind him is making him look like a super villain. He is huge, at least five times my height, and i am 10 ! Oh my- i remember i'm 10 ! I think my name is...

The man stops my brain panic when he starts to walk towards me, i take a step back and a few tears go down my face, i don't even know why, i am not scared, i am just very frustrated. I feel like this because i don't understand the fire. Not around me but inside. It's burning so much that i feel like i'm going to implode. The man must've picked up on my breathing getting way more unstable, because he walks closer to me and ŝtands on his knees to try to be more at my eyes level.

" Hey little girl, i'm Vander, what's your name ? " He asked me, with a british accent.

" I think it's Emery " I answered, my voice trembling and my body entirely tired.

" You think ? " He makes a concerned face and tells me  " That's fine the choc made you loose your memory, you'll get it back in a few weeks okay ? " He kindly explained and he took my hand as we started walking on a huge sort of bridge.

" Sir ? "

" Yes ? "

" Where are we going ? " i asked, looking up to him

" Where you can have a safe place to live, muffin "

A/N : Hi, go read the description of the story if you want the behind the scenes of how it's written ! Emery doesn't really have a specific appearance, you can imagine her as you, so i'll try to make as less description as i can with her ! Please comment, vote and/or follow me to let me know if you like this story ! Have a good reading, love you all <3 <3