Chapter 4

I've been procrastinating all day.

I don't know if it went well.

I don't know if they're safe, I don't know anything and my anxiety is worse than it has ever been.

I've been pacing back and forth since they left, and my head hurts.

They've been gone for five hours already and it should only have taken four.

I hope they didn't get caught by the enforcers, or attacked by thieves or Silco's gangsters...

I decided to go out and get some "fresh" air in the streets. I've been walking for fifteen minutes without knowing what to do, I wasn't stupid enough not to wear a hood, I don't want Vander to see that I'm alone, he'll know something's wrong.

I'm walking towards a dark alley. No lights are on. The walls are close to each other. I am looking at the black floor when I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn around and tackle the person against the wall, my gun in hand against their shoulder.

"What do you want from me," I demand with an unwavering voice.

"Emery? It's me Ekko! "He shakily replies.

"Oh ! sorry Ekko" I take a breath of relief "  why did you wait until I was hiding in a dark alley to approach me?"I whisper-shout to him.

"Beacause i have to tell you something, it's the team, they're in trouble. "

I can see the concern on his face which only increases the fear i already had inside of me.

"They blew up a balcony right above the enforcers ! And now,  all of Piltover is looking for them, i heard they also got ambushed on the way
back home, you should get back right now ! " He explains, out of breath

"Thanks Ekko."

I don't waste time and i run through the streets pushing passengers, not seeing who is in front of me.

I arrive at the Last Drop, it's packed with people.

I continue my way until I reach the rooms where we live, I slam the door and look around to see if anyone is there.

"Vi? "

" Powder? "

I push another door

"Are you there? "

I start breathing fast and it's hard to get air into my lungs.

I have to calm down, I don't have time to panic, I have to make sure they're alive.

I run back into the bar and see Vander talking to two traders , a man and a woman, he's with a friend of his.

But just as I start to go towards Vander, the door opens and I see Vi, Claggor, Mylo and Powder heading towards our rooms.

I run and follow them.

I open the door and, Powder is on a couch, Vi is sitting on an armchair, and Claggor and Mylo are on another couch.

I walk slowly towards them, they look at me, i can clearly see that they look fed up.

I frown, and inspect them from a distance, one by one to make sure they are okay.
Powder is fine, Mylo and claggor are full of marks and blood, and Vi is fine compared to the others but her hands are stained with blood.

All I want to do is run to her and take her hands in mine but I completely freeze and so do they, they look at me without moving, not understanding why I am not moving or speaking, but I was so scared for them today, that now,  I can't say anything without crying and throwing myself at them.
So I just stand there and look at them.