Chapter 2

" Hey guys, i've got a great job for us we're robbing big in Piltover " She says, hands in the pockets and proud of herself

" Piltover ? Are you sure it's safe ? " Mylo asks, very concerned

" Come on Mylo, you're scared ? " Vi teases watching him with a raised eyebrow

I stand up to take a drink from the fridge, but right when i open it, i close it. It smells horrible.

" When did anyone last change what was in that fridge ? " I ask, kind of annoyed

" Hey muffin we're in the middle of a plan we don't really care about what is in the fridge, so could you be quiet ? " She tells me, with an annoyed face

I nod one time and look at the floor. Okay. It's that day today.

Since a few months there are days where she is super nice to me and protective but some days she just switches off and acts mean and cold towards me, do i do things that annoys her ? Maybe i talked too much this morning, she was nice an hour ago.
She's right they were talking about something serious and i just talked about the fridge, i'm so stupid. I'll just shut up for the rest of the day.

" Hey don't talk to her like that " Claggor says, noticing me looking at the ground on the other side of the room, trying to protect me.

" Yeah, what's with you now ? " Mylo asks

" Nothing " Vi answers, crossing her arms, her posture became more straight

" So ? What's the plan ? " Powder asks, i forgot she was here, she's always so discreet and calm.

" We have a way to rob a big sort of balcony in Piltover, a man at the last drop gave me the directions " She continues pacing in the room, talking with hands movements, she always does that " We just have to lay low because we're completely exposed to the enforcers " She explains, stopping her pacing and facing us.

" Okay ? " she asks, smirking

Mylo rolls his eyes while me and Powder nod our heads.

Everybody starts to get ready and i take my courage to ask something to Vi

" Hey Vi ? " I ask as i walk towards her. She's facing the table, cleaning her breakfast, her back facing me

" Mmh ? " She hums, signaling me to continue

" I- I was wondering - " Why do i loose my words everytime ?! i clear my throat and regain composture, i don't want to seem like a kid in front of her " I was wondering should i bring my guns ? " WHAT - Why would i ask that ! That's not what i wanted to ask.

" Hum... actually " She starts, turning to face me; her hands on the table behind her to keep balance, she is so tall and intimidating : " You're not coming. "

My face goes white and she keeps a blank face, does she hate me ?

" What - Why ? "

She walks past me and to the bar where she washes her plate and cup

" Because. "

Excuse me, that's not a good enough answer

" No, you can't keep me here and tell the others to go ! And Powder ! " i start to get upset

" Powder is coming. " She tells me, her voice is still calm and composed. She isn't even looking at me

" WHAT " my voice is breaking but i try to stay calm " So even Powder is coming, she's 10 "

" I know she's 10, she's my sister. " She cuts me, does she think she's funny

" Why can't i come ? " At this point i really don't understand why she wants me to stay here, my voice is breaking and i just want to cry

" Because. " Her voice grows angry and she's very annoyed, i know it's not good but i'm too angry

" Tell me why ! " I ask, so frustrated about this situation

And that was my mistake, i know how she gets angry, especially with childish behaviors;; she turns around and starts walking towards me so i walk backwards until i hit the wall.

Her face a few inches from me but the height difference is clearly there. My breathing is getting faster and i don't know if it's because of my feelings or because i'm so scared right now.

" Because...you're not good enough " She drops, and it was so aggressiv.

I swallow hard, my throat is so dry, my eyes are getting wet and i don't want her to see me crying so i push her and rush to my bedroom.

She never made me cry because she got angry at me. The only times i cried for her, was when i saw her noticing other girls while i was there trying to be the best i can to make her proud.

But she said i wasn't good enough. I'm not good enough. I'm not worth anything. I'm worthless.

Everything is screaming in my head and i try to cry quietly but it's so painful, i smush my face on my pillow to hide my sobs.

====

A few hours have passed and the mission is tomorrow, i don't want to see her again, i won't eat tonight, i'll be fine.

I sit on my bed and look at my reflection on my window. It's competely dark and the only thing lightning my bedroom up is my nightstand mylo-made old lamp, that works one time on two.

I rearrange my position on the headboard and start to read my book, i think it's about a girl being the villain and she chooses the girl she's in love with instead of full power on earth. That's stupid, the girl she loves will abandon her, and she won't be enough.

I drift off to sleep and tonight i don't know why but i feel warmer than the others nights.