Chapter 3

I clean my room while the others get ready to leave on their mission.

I'm still upset but I don't show it, I'm stronger than she thinks.

Claggor, Mylo and Powder came to see me this morning, and they all made the same comment: "You look like shit". It's true.

I really did... I kept crying until I fell asleep, and when I finally fell asleep, I had a really good night. I don't have a rational explanation for it, but last night I felt warmer, like someone else was holding me. It was probably just a dream, or I was just sick with a fever.

I put on my biggest hoodie, it's broken and has holes in it, but so do all the clothes in The Lanes.I put my hair up in a half bun and put on some old sweatpants.

They're all excited about going on this big mission, I can feel it. Powder is pacing around the kitchen and Mylo is stomping on the floor... I love them so much. I hope this goes well.

I hear a knock on my door, so i yell yes.

I still have my eyes on the broom not knowing who came in, probably Claggor.

"Hey, are you okay ?" Powder asks, walking up to me and hogging me.

" Hey Powder, yeah i'm fine what about you ?" I try not to cry, she's so cute.

" Yeah i'm fine, this mission is going to be so boring " She fakes an eye roll and i laugh a little bit, taking her face in one of my hands, and caressing her jawline with my thumb.

" Honey you have the right to be excited about going on this mission, I won't hold it against you. I blame Vi. " I said with a frown.

"You know...no, forget it" She says with a hidden smile

"What ? tell me !!"

She shakes her head and laughs, that little pain in the ass.

"Tell me now or I'll go to Vander and tell him what you're going to steal. " i say hiding my smirk

Of course I'd never tell him. They'd be in trouble, but I definitely want to know what she has to disclose to me.

" NO ! okay I'll tell you but you have to promise not to go tell Vi" She holds out her hand to do our promise check, then I sit down on my bed 

" I won't " I say with a huge smile, this is going to be good.

" Okay so... Vi and me we were... " She's trying to find her words, and i can see that she's uncomfortable betraying her sister, so i just drop it and go hug her.

" It's fine Powder, you don't need to tell me.  okay ? "

She nods and goes out of the room.

I continue cleaning my room and i decide to redo my shelf so i pull it in the middle of the room and start to paint it, my back facing the door.

I have my jukebox playing my vinyle and i dance with the music.

A knock on the door, again ?

It's probably Powder she must've forgot her robot.

" Yeah Powder, come in "

I hear her close the door and sit on my bed.

" Do you need something, or are you ready to tell me what Vi said ? " I ask, still focused on my shelf and vibing at the song.

" So ? " i ask, since she isn't answering.

I stop dancing and turn around, and i jump at the sight before me.

Vi, laying on my bed, back on my headboard, arms crossed, smirk on her face, looking at me up and down.

" Hey muffin "

I want to say something but nothing comes out. Not because i'm happy but because i'm still so angry at her.

I walk to my door and open the door, signaling her to get the fuck out of my bedroom.

" Oh. Upset i see " She exclaims, still smirking.

Ugh she is so annoying...

" Yeah i'm upset, and i think i have every right to be " I say, i try so hard to be confident.

She sighs and sits up on the edge of my bed.

" Hey muffin, i'm sorry " She says, her stare is piercing through my head but my eyes are stuck on the floor.

" Look at me please " She asks.

I don't do it, the only thing i can see is my feet and i know if i look at her,  everything she said to me will be erased from my mermory, and i already lost half of my childhood memories so... I never got my memory back after Vander found me in the civil war, and he odesn't think i'll find them back.

She stands up, and my heart's speeding up, and my breathing gets unstable.

" I'm sorry, please, please look at me " She was so nice and carring compared to this yesterday.

My heart just stopped. She is right in front of me, looking down at me and lifting her finger up to my chin, making me look up to her.

" Can you try to forgive me " She whispered, looking right in my eyes, this is the most eye contact i've ever had with her.

i nod, it's actually already forgiven since yesterday night because i like her too much but hey, let's play with her.

" Actually i don't know..." I say

" What ? " She looks so confused i almost want to laugh " But you just - "

" You said i wasn't good enough " I say, faking a sad face

She understood i was joking, she's smiling and biting her lip to stop herself from laughing
" You... You like messing with my feelings don't you "

I actually don't really understand what she's trying to say but i just want to stay like this forever. Her looking at me, talking to me, noticing my existence.

" I have to go but i'm really truly sorry for what i said yesterday, i did not mean it, i promise " She says while walking to the door.

" I know, have fun and take care of the others " I say, waving goodbye

" I will, don't be afraid, muffin " She makes an army sign goodbye with her hand and walks away.