Chapter 8

We walk towards the door to hear what they say.

" It's my duty to protect the undercity " We hear Vander tell a strong woman

" The undercity or your kids " she says

We all look at each other, my arm on Claggor's shoulders, so I can stay up.

My head still feels dizzy and Claggor understands what's happening so he walks me back to the armchair, Vi's stare not leaving us.

I whimper as my head hit the back of the armchair.

" ooops sorry... " Claggor says, taking a step back

He really isn't delicate but I still find him funny so it's fine.

" That's fine don't worry, you should go back with them, you can't hear from here " I whisper to him while smiling and my eyes closing, I feel exhausted.

" Are you sure you're going to be okay ? " Claggor's concerned voice asks me.

" Yeah don't worry honey I'll be fine " I giggle

" Yeah you never called me honey so you should get some rest. " Claggor says as he puts the ice pack back on my head and looks at Vi with his brows furrowed.

He walks back to Vi and slowly goes to her ear

" Did she drink ? " he whispers

Vi purses her lips together and takes some time to think, then she says

" Yeah she did, but don't tell the others " She demands while hitting Claggor's shoulder with hers

They listen to the conversation of the other room and when it's finished they're all lost and confused.

" Why won't Vander do something against the upper city ?? " Vi asks, pacing through the room.

" I know why... " Ekko says as he looks to the floor

They all approach him and wait for the explanations.

" He made a deal with the enforcers. " He tells them
=====

It's been a few hours and we are now chilling in the room.

There is no words spoken, no sounds, no whispers.

But all of a sudden, the alarm that signals the arrival of the enforcers is going off.

« Come on quick ! « Vi whisper-shout as we all run to a hiding place.

The enforcer barges into the room, our breathing getting caught in our throat.

We can see him walk through the room.
Powder is starting to slip, my heart beats faster, what if she falls, what if he takes us.

But before I could continue my internal panic, the man gets out and me and the others all fall on the floor.

We all get out and go see Vander and at that moment I knew everything was going bad.

Vi immediately starts to argue with Vander and talks while throwing her hands everywhere.
« either you are going to protect the undercity or I will « she says with her authoritative tone

But instead of getting angry he just takes her with him somewhere

And we are all here, not understanding what's going on.

A/N : Hi i don't really have the time to update everyday so I'm trying as hard as I can to give you guys a few chapters when I am able to. <3 <3