Chapter 6

I come to the table with my head down and when I get there and look up, there's - What the f

" Hey muffin " she says, but it seems less natural than usual.

There she is, sitting on the bench against the corner wall, next to Vert, who is visibly annoyed and a little afraid of what might happen.
She's there in all her glory, one arm stretched out on either side of the back of the bench. She has a dangerous look on her face, and at this point I pray it's only because I'm hanging out with my 'dangerous' friends and not because of the alcohol on the table.

" Come on Em, sit down and join your... friends " She motions with her hand to tell me to sit down.

Weirdly she sat next to Vert instead of Iris, even though she hates it when I hang out with Iris more than Vert.

I sit down and look at Iris, who is a bit taller than me.

She stares at Vi, and looks tense.

"I didn't think you would be here," I say, what am i supposed to say in this situation ?

"Yes, I guess so, considering the glasses of alcohol on the table" She says, taking one of the glasses and smelling it.

"I can explain, don't tell Vander Vi" I ask her

She laughs and looks at me smiling,

"Em, do you think I never drank at 16? I was 16 last year"

I breathe a sigh of relief and smile at Vert but Iris stares at me longingly.
I should tell her I don't like her romantically.

"Um... " I hear Vi cough, it wasn't natural though... I know Vi's cough and this is not it.

I turn my head towards Vi and smile at her a little embarrassed by Iris staring at me

"So... "Vert says when no one is talking and there is a blank.

"Emery it would be better if you went to our rooms , Vander will freak out if he sees you with them. "Vi says as she stands up.

"No! I mean it's my birthday next week and I won't see them afterwards "

She huffs and nods.

She looks at Iris who is still looking at me "discreetly" and suddenly she sits down and says.

"I'm staying... Just to make sure you're okay" She says, scratching her neck

Her very short pink hair framing her perfect face

"Emery?" Iris calls me

I realize I was staring at Vi and I cough and rub the back of my neck.

" Yes ? " I turn around and feel my ears warming up, lucky my hair is let down tonight haha...

" I was wondering if you would like to go and eat at the local restaurant tomorrow? " She asks me with a smile

I hear Vi huffing and puffing, what's with her tonight ?

" Yes, what time should I meet you and Vert? " I ask her with a smile

Vi starts laughing suddenly and then makes up for it by laughing less loudly

"No, I just meant... you and me, on a date" she's embarrassed, you can tell, she's stammering and hesitating, she's playing with her hands and her cheeks are puffy.

"Oh... uh I... "I turn to Vi-

WHY DID I JUST TURN TO VI???!

"OH- are you two together? "Iris asks apologetically

"NO!" I shout a little too fast
"No" Vi says, her no was much calmer than mine, I feel like a fool she'll think I don't find her attractive...

"I don't know, you looked at her like you wanted her approval? "Iris says to me embarrassed.

Vi smiles proudly and I try to fix it quickly, this whole thing is too embarrassing for my birthday...

"No no, I don't - I - yes, I'll go on a date with you" I reply putting my hand on her shoulder

"What?" Vi says with a frown and tilts her head

"YES" Vert yells into the bar, he does a little dance of joy which earns him a killer look from Vi.

"Yes? you're coming on a date? with me? is that true? "she says, stunned.

That wasn't how i wanted this conversation to turn... But , maybe I'll develop feelings for Iris and move on from Vi, it's time, she won't like me anyways.

"Yes i will dumbass" I reply chuckling.

"Cool! "She smiles

We spend the rest of the evening laughing and having fun, but i catch Vi pout and stare every time Iris comes near me all night.

I was so happy tonight and maybe going out with Iris is the way to go.

A/N : Thank you so so so so much for 1,04 k of people reading :( Thank you for voting and commenting, happy christmas <3