Chapter Five: Preparations

After lunch, I went straight for my bed so I could sit down and relax. After a few minutes of my needed silence and peace, I decided to call my mom and Jessica. I called my mother first.

“Hi, mom! I’ve missed you here!” I greeted her after she picked up the phone.

“Oh! You finally decide to call. I’ve been worrying nonstop about you!” She rambled, “So, how’s living in first class?”

“It’s actually really overwhelming. The mansion is giant and so elegant that I’m afraid I might break something whenever I move,” I explained, “And I never do anything by myself here, unless I’m in my room. There are workers everywhere, and I just feel so spoiled sometimes.”

“What else do you expect, Melanie? Ralph McKinley is the richest man in the country. How is Mr. Multi-Millionaire-Rich-Guy treating you? Does he talk to you at all?” She asked.

“Of course he does…he’s actually really nice and definitely not as arrogant as you expect. We already did a considerable about of talking. I found out that his nickname is Chief. It’s sort of weird, but I’m sure I will get used to it,” I explained to her.

We continued to talk about how extravagant the mansion was, and of course the one-way mirror closet. Finally, we said our goodbyes, and I called Jessica.

“MELANIE CARTWRIGHT!! You didn’t call me right when your flight landed!! I am so mad at you!!” She seethed as she picked up the phone, skipping all salutations.

“Jeez, Jessica. I’m sorry! But I have news that will make you a lot happier.” I tried to appease her.

“Fine. I will give you three seconds to tell me before I start to yell at you again. One…” She warned.

“Okay so it turns out that Karter isn’t the only guy here. There are also two other really, super, amazingly gorgeous guys here.” I spewed out really quickly. Jessica seemed interested since she didn’t say anything, so I elaborated. “Karter is only training to be the next owner of the company, but there are two other guys that are training with him.”

“Ooohh. That sounds like drama.” Jessica commented.

“Sort of, but not really. I don’t quite know all of them that well, but I do know that all three of them get along really well. Apparently, they are like brothers.” I explained.

“So, what are the other two hotties’ names? And what do they look like?” Jessica questioned.

“The first one is Blake Miller. He has dirty blond hair and looks really clean…not scruffy at all. He also has hazel eyes with flecks of gold.” I guess I paid more attention to him than I realized. “And the other one is Pierce Young. He has chestnut brown hair and silver eyes. It’s amazing. I didn’t believe silver eyes existed until I saw his.”

“Oh my gosh. I would die to be you right now. So which one do you like the best? I think either Karter or Blake is the best looking…from what you described. ” She analyzed for a second. “Of course Karter’s on my list because I actually know him.”