Chapter Twenty-Nine: Suspicious Acts of Kindness

I rubbed my hands in anticipation. I can’t wait to see the shocked look on Pierce’s face when Blake and I scare the wits out of him.

Happily, I skipped towards where Pierce was as I greeted him, “Pierce! You’re back!!” I got up on my tiptoes and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“You seem like you’re in a good mood,” Pierce smiled as he took my hand and pulled me into the kitchen with him.

“I’m just glad to see you again!”

“Wait,” he stopped walking suddenly, and I plowed into his back.

Slowly, he bent down and picked something up off the floor. Using the distraction to it's full advantage, I turned to Blake and shot him a questioning look. We didn't come up with and exact plan to scare Pierce, so we were improvising on the spot. Frantically, he waved his arms around like he was a zombie and mouthed the word boo. I nodded. He wanted me to stall a little and then bring Pierce to the family room where Blake would jump out and scare him.

As I turned quickly to face Pierce again before he stood up, I froze. Between his two fingers, he held a piece of fabric with anchors on it. "Would you care to explain why the hell there is a pair of boxers in your kitchen?? They're not even mine!"

I blushed and turned a deep shade of red. Stupid Blake! He probably accidentally threw them in here when he tore his suitcase apart to find his cell phone charger.

I looked up at Pierce to see him glaring accusingly at me. Uh oh. This is not good. Scared stiff at Pierce's expression, I decided to ruin Blake's plan of scaring Pierce.

"YOU ARE SO DEAD!!" I screamed over Pierce's shoulder at Blake. Pierce shot me a strange look as if he should be the one saying that to me. Whoops. I guess he thought I was talking to him because he had no idea Blake was here.

Before he could ask or say anything, Blake spoke out from behind Pierce.

"Awhh, Pierce. Is someone jealous?" Blake cooed. "That's right. Mel and I just had mind blowing sex on the kitchen table."

I immediately blushed at his comment and was at loss for words. This was definitely not the way Blake would normally act. Pierce spun around so fast that I didn't even notice it. One moment, he was glaring angrily at me and the next he had Blake in a headlock.

"Blake!! You're an idiot. I can't believe you're here." Pierce greeted him and squeezed Blake's neck even harder. "And you totally deserve this for nearly giving me a heart attack."

Pierce proceeded in giving him a noogie. Blake squirmed around, trying to get out of Pierce's death grip to no avail.

After Blake finally got out of Pierce's grip, he turned to me and smirked, "I guess that's one way to scare him."