Chapter four

TW: Violent lanaguage and content

Sleeping peacefully Catherine was clutching a pillow to her chest, the sun was beaming through the window causing her to stir in her slumber. She groaned opening her eyes only to squit when the light hit them "Why so early" she complained turning around only to squeal and cover her face with her pillow, Carl was changing into some jeans "Oh shit I am so sorry!" Catherine says "I'm sorry I didn't think you would wake up yet so I thought I had time to get changed," he says "you can look now" Catherine removes the pillow from her eyes Carl smiles finding her reaction funny "So uh you are up and walking now, are you happy?" She asks avoiding eye contact "Yeah I'm happy," he says sitting next to her "Good so you hungry?" she asks this time looking directly into his eyes, she felt captivated as he smiled "Yeah kinda," he says "Great!" she grabs his hand dragging him up.

 She shoves him lightly into the kitchen "So have some toast, granola, cereal anything. Oh and some juice or water" she says before sitting him down shocking Beth as he lands with a thud "Ah sorry that was really hard" Catherine smiles awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck "Try not to overfeed him" Beth says Catherine rolls her eyes "I'm not trying too, he just needs to eat" 

 "Anyway I'm going to get changed," Catherine says walking out.

She jogs across the field to Marzia's RV.  Katie smiles as Catherine enters  "Hey" she says "Hey" Catherine replies as she begins getting changed  "What's the deal with you and the Grimes boy?" Katie questions to which Catherine ignores "Where's Charlie?" Catherine asks as she ties her shoelaces "Inside, so you and Carl?" Catherine Rolls her eyes "Marzia?" "With Daryl inside, are you just going to ignore me?" Katie asks Catherine smiles grabbing her knife "Yup" she replies before stepping out of the Rv.

Catherine notices Maggie walking back to the house, well not exactly walking more like storming.

"Hey what's going on?" Catherine says as she catches up to Maggie  "Nothing just mind your own business" she says "Huh wonder what rattled her cage" Catherine says to herself as she watches Maggie storm over to Glenn.

Catherine enters the house with no sign of anyone but Hershel and Beth in the kitchen "Hey where is everyone" She asks "Doing their own things I should hope" Hershel says  Catherine nods "Will you be joining them with their gun practice today?" Hershel asks looking up from his book Catherine laughs "Like I need training for that" she says picking up an apple "I'm going, wanna come with me?" Catherine smiles "Your dad's actually letting you go?" Beth smiles "Yes, Daddy said earlier that he doesn't approve but he consented" Catherine walks over to the door "I guess I will see you there then".

"Hey, cowboy" Catherine says hitting the top of Carl's hat causing him to smile "Hey, you coming to gun practice" he asks "Oh yeah, not that there's is much point in me going when I already know how to shoot, but Beth was pretty persistent on me joining her," Catherine says with a chuckle as they walk towards the cars "So how's it feel being back up on your feet?" she asks he nods "Erm good yeah it's good" He says "Do you wanna come in the car with me and my mom?" he asks earning a grin from Catherine "I'd love too".

Catherine and Katie sat by the cars watching Charlie being taught by Shane "What's the deal with you two seriously?" Katie asks nudging Catherine "I don't know what you're going on about" Catherine says as she picks bark off of a stick "Yeah sure you don't" Katie laughs throwing a stick at her, Catherine shoves Katie as they both laugh together "I know there's something going on, clearly you aren't aware of it yet" Katie leans her head on Catherine's shoulder "Maybe" she mumbles as she looks over to Carl.

"Hey, shit face how is ya feeling?" Catherine squeezed into Daryl's tent "Fine" he answers facing her "Good, was kinda hoping you'd get off your ass today and maybe help me look after Charlie or she could come to sit in here with you?" Daryl sighs "Okay bring her here" Catherine smiles "Hey Char you can come in now" Catherine stands up as Charlie comes inside "Have fun" she says chucking one of Charlie's books at Daryl causing him to laugh lightly.

"Was it you!" Catherine looks up from her book confused as she sees Maggie stood in front of her anger covering every ounce of her body "Was what me?" she asks placing the book down next to her "Someone told Dale about the barn, Dale took it up with Daddy" Maggie says crossing her arms "Shit I'm sorry, no I didn't tell anyone why would I?" Catherine asks "That asshole!" Maggie says storming off leaving Catherine to sit there confused.

"I can help," Catherine says as she approaches Lori and Katie who were folding laundry "That would be great thanks, sweetie," Lori says "No problem," Catherine says as she starts folding tops "Hey! we got your stuff" Catherine looks up seeing Maggie storming her way in with Glenn following behind her "Maggie, hang on please!" Glenn says Lori looks around quickly "Come on in here" she says as Maggie starts digging through the bag "Why? Nothing to hide. We got your special delivery right here" she starts chucking things to the ground  "We got your lotion, got your conditioner, your soap opera digest" "Maggie?" Katie says as she tries to approach her "Next time you want something, get it your damn self, we're not your errand boys" Catherine watches in shock "Honey I-" Maggie bends picking up a box "And here's your abortion pills" Maggie chucks them at Lori before storming off again "Oh... That's awkward um I'm gonna leave now, hey Cat you coming?" Katie says as she hurriedly grabs Daryl's clean clothes "Uh yeah sure" Catherine jogs over to Katie as they leave both Glenn and Lori behind.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry that it is short <3