Chapter five

"Hey cat can you wash these for me," Carl says holding a pair of socks smiling "I swear you're doing this just to talk to me," Catherine says taking the socks and soaking in the warm water "so how are you?" he says sitting on a log playing with dirt on the ground "I'm fine, what about you?" She rubs the socks as quickly as possible "I'm good, Cat look I just wanna talk about something" he says rubbing the back of his neck nervously "Hey Cat can you come help me please!" Catherine turns seeing Marzia trying to hang some clothes up "Uh can it wait? Marzia needs some help" Catherine asks handing Carl his socks "Yeah sure that's cool" he says "Okay cool see ya" Catherine turns around jogging towards Marzia.

"Why are you acting weird?" Marzia asks as she hands Catherine a shirt "I'm not acting weird?" Marzia laughs "Sure and Katie totally hasn't been stealing your candy supply" Catherine turns to Katie who smiles with guilt "Alright me and you are having a serious conversation about that later," Catherine says crossing her arms "Maggie and Glenn have been acting strange too don't ya think?" Marzia says as she watches Maggie Katie shrugs "It's probably because they screwed each other" Marzia's eyes widen "Katie!" Catherine laughs "What it's true!" Katie defends herself "Um, guys," Glenn says as he stands in front of everyone Marzia turns as she folds some pants "So..." Katie clears her throat "Spit it out" she coughs again "The barn is full of walkers" Catherine drops the bucket of water as she turns quickly "Glenn what the fuck?" she mouths "I'm sorry," he says back.

Catherine, Katie, and Charlie stand behind Daryl and Marzia "You cannot tell me you're all right with this" Shane says as he barges past Rick "No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land" Rick says as he continues staring at the barn "Oh, god. This is our lives, man!" Shane yells "Lower your voice," Glenn says "We can't just sweep this under the rug," Andrea says "Well it's not your land to decide that!" Marzia says "It ain't right. Not remotely" Shane says "We either go in there, we got to make things right or we just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time" Shane puts his hat back on "We can't go" Rick says "Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there," Carol says almost through gritted teeth "Okay" Shane scoffs "Okay, okay. I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility" Marzia sighs "Daryl say something" Marzia pleads "Shane, we're not leaving Sophia behind" Rick says "I'm close to finding this girl, I just found her damn fool two days ago" Daryl says stepping forward, Shane chuckles sarcastically "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll" Shane says Daryl could feel the anger boil through his veins "You don't know what the hell you're talking about!" Catherine grabs Charlie's hand "Man, look, I'm just saying what needs to be said here. Now, you get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours" Shane yells "Shane, stop" Rick says trying to calm the situation "Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction, man!" Daryl tries to get in Shane's face but Rick holds him back "Hey you shut up man!" Daryl shouts "Will you fucking stop it! There is a child here not to mention walkers that are in that barn next to us!" Katie yells but Daryl and Shane don't listen as they continue to rile each other up  "I will beat your ass up!" Shane yells "Back off!" Rick shoves Shane back "Keep your hands off me," Shane says to Lori "Now, just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out" Rick says "What are you gonna figure out?!" Shane yells "Enough!" Lori holds Shane back "If we're gonna stay if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land" Rick says "Hershel sees those things in there as people. Sick people. His wide, his... His stepson" Dale says "You knew?" "Yesterday I talked to Hershel" Charlie tightened her grip on both Katie's and Catherine's hands "And you waited the night?" Shane says visibly annoyed "I thought we could survive one more night. We did. I was waiting till this morning to say something, but Glenn wanted to be the one" Dale points over to Glenn "This man is crazy, Rick if Hershel thinks those things are alive" Shane paces "So what if he thinks they are alive? They were once his family! Let him cope his own way, they are locked in the barn securely" Catherine says "No!" Shane yells at Catherine "Just let me think" Marzia turns as the chains to the barn rattle and the sounds of growls and moans erupt from the walkers.