• CHAPTER 7 •

A's Phone Call

Personalities in the Dark
||•••||

Clank!

Waking up on a cold morning was never something Killua would do. But he had to do it today to prepare breakfast for Elie and Gon.

For some reason, he was excited to do the cooking. Gon didn't eat anything made by him for a while now. 

Suddenly, strong arms wrapped around his waist and squeezed enough to wrinkle his shirt. Hairy chin rested atop his shoulder and a small kiss landed on his cheek then nape. "Morning, babe."

"G'morning." 

"What're you doing?" Killua huffed and raised his hands a bit to show the cutting board and the veggies he's cutting. His hands were dirty because of tomatoes and veggie syrup.

"Breakfast." Gon hummed, finally released his lover, and went to the coffee machine.

"Have you had your morning coffee?"

"Not yet."

"I'll brew some, then."

"Right." Killua, lazily and slowly, continued cutting the green onions. 

He could feel Gon's eyes on him, "What are you cooking?"

"Omelet."

"Ooohhh!" Yep, Gon's favorite. 

Jamming veggies into it always makes it tastier to Gon. "I'm almost done with the cutting."

"You're slow, lemme do it."

"Nah, go and shave, you look disgusting."

Gon pouted but obeyed. He left the coffee machine brewing and went inside. 

None of them dared to bring yesterday's talk, which is okay. They slept like logs when the talk ended. Gon hugged Killua in his sleep like he's clutching to life.

He's like a little kid who's worried his mom will leave. 

He let out an exhausted sigh and poured the cut veggies into a small glass bowl. 

He's not a good cook. In fact, Gon's so much better. But he has more free time than Gon, which happens to decide their chores.

Oh, right. About free time.

He has to tell Gon about his new job as a copywriter for the news company, JAVA.

"Bae, do I look better?"

While washing the dishes and waiting for the omelet to be done cooking, he looked behind him to the smooth and shaved skin of Gon. He's even done taking his morning shower.

Oh, now. This is kissable. 

"Yep, perfect." Gon grinned and hugged him by the waist.

They stayed in silence — Killua washing the dishes and Gon watching. And teasing Killua with his nose.

Usually, he'd offer his help, but he seemed clingier than usual. He seemed to only want to hug Killua nonstop. And do nothing else.

"You alright?" Killua dared to ask.

"Just enjoying your scent."

"The coffee's done brewing." 

"Right—" he hesitated, almost not ready to break the hug, but did it. Without a word, Gon poured the coffee down the mug and added cream, and stuff Killua enjoys to it.