• CHAPTER 8 •

||•Overprotective•||

•||Personalities in the Dark||•

Everything looked like a storm inside their apartment. 

Gon promised to show Killua the car and promised Elie to go to the zoo by that car, too. However, after A's call, Gon looked paranoid. 

Their talk, or arguing, was cut short when Elie showed up dripping in the kitchen. Gon directly changed the subject to matching outfits and Killua went along.

However, the albino couldn't take his eyes off Gon's sickly pale face. His lips had no color and his pupils seemed to shrink. It worried Killua enough to cancel the trip.

But Gon refused.

"Elie will be upset. We can't." While tugging his wallet in his back pocket, he said. 

Although Gon never explained who A is, Killua was able to sense how dangerous he is. He even noticed how controlling he is over their own lives.

If he knows that they're going to the zoo, shouldn't they switch their plans?

But Elie is gonna be upset.

He understands Gon's persistence.

"Never split, got it?" At the door, Gon turned and blurted. He looked at both Killua and Elie in their matching red sweaters. His eyes pierced daggers into their skulls to make sure they know how serious he is about his command.

He looked down at Killua's hand as it tightened around Elie's small and chubby one. "We won't, master," Killua replied.

Elie choked in silent laughter since he's not used to hearing such words coming out from his parents — unlike them, of course.

At least, only in bed.

"I'm serious, Killua. I can't risk losing you in the crowd." He glared at his husband, disappointed for being taken lightly.

"I know. I'm being serious, too. And we won't get lost. People barely go to zoos in this season, bruh."

Gon turned to the door and gave his back to Killua. The albino stared at his shoulder muscles drawn by his red tight sweater. His broad shoulders had become his weak point.

He always loved to dig his nails in them, giving a scratch here or there if Gon refused to get a hickey; it's usually because he had to go swimming with friends, so they wouldn't notice it. But Killua was sly enough to mark him another way.

Because why not?

Gon's for him after all.

Subsequently, the zoo wasn't that far away. Gon asked the taxi driver to put on music.

Killua knows exactly why. Elie would ask about the new car, or to just shut all of them up to skip the talking.

Gon wanted some time to think, looking outside the window, unaware of Killua's solid gaze on him.

He wanted to rub his arm, clutching his hand, or kiss his cheek and sift through his hair to help him feel safe, but Elie was sitting between them and making the distance even longer.

Elie sang along to the songs, excited to see the lion, penguins, and all the interesting animals that he couldn't meet on his island. It made Killua glad to see that one of them is at least enjoying the trip.

"Will we eat lunch after going through the cells?" Elie asked and walked a few steps ahead of his parents.

"Anything you want, Chubs," Killua replied.