Shocked..

C H A P T E R  5
|s h o c k e d|

"W-what?" I asked, completely shocked. She looks at me with wide, doe eyes.

"I'm p-pregnant.." She repeats.

Suddenly all I feel is anger, "I heard you. You think this is funny? I bet you knew who I was all along! What do you want, is it money? If it is, I'll give you exactly what I gave all the others who tried to pull this on me," I reached beside me and grabbed my wallet, pulling out a wad of cash, "$1000 to get the hell out of my life."

She stands with her mouth open and her eyes wide in surprise. Suddenly her face scrunches up in fury and she takes a step closer while pointing a manicured finger to my face.

"First of all you psycho, I had no idea who you were. You were nothing but a one night stand and I didn't even know your full name. If things hadn't gone as it today, I would have never known who you actually were. So no, I didn't walk into work today with the intention of being your doctor just to get some money out of you. And second," She takes in a shuddering breath, throwing the cash back at my face.

"I may not be a billionaire but I am a fine doctor who makes a decent living, I don't need your dirty money. I don't care if you believe me or not because I wouldn't want you in my child's life anyway. You're nothing but a mistake I made and the only thing I will thank you for is my child. And don't worry I won't come to you, you will be known as nothing but a sperm donor. Good day, you insufferable egomaniac " She snaps before storming out.

I sit there in shock as her words hit me like a title wave. They stung more than I am willing to admit. But I deserved every insult she threw at me. I admit, I had fallen for her but when she told me she was pregnant. Let's just say it wouldn't be the first time someone fooled me. But it seems like she was genuine or maybe she's just that good of an actress.

"Honey, what just happened?" My mother's voice penetrates my thoughts.

I look at her, "She told me she was pregnant. Guess I was wrong about her, she's nothing but a gold digging-"

My mother gasps at my words before pointing a finger in my face, "How dare you speak of her that way? I did not raise you to speak in such a way about anyone especially a woman. Mi aspetto di trovare lei e chiedere scusa! Perché se questo è il mio nipote e non ho mai arrivare a vederli ... Risolvere il Kayden."

Next thing I know she storms out with the rest of my family in tow, each shaking their heads in disappointment.

"Idiota." My brother mutters making me glare at him.

"Oh zitto, non sei esattamente un santo o." I snap at him getting irritated.

He scoffs and shakes his head at me, "That may be so, but I would never deny the possibility of having a child."

I roll my eyes at him because he knows about all the scheming and lying women that I've encountered. My reaction was harsh but he of all people should understand.

"I don't get it. You spent all this time searching for her and you say you 'fell in love' but then go and act like that. I heard the way you spoke to her, like she was nothing. You guys had sex, Kayden! The fact that she might be pregnant shouldn't be completely outrageous." Victor mutters while crossing his arms and sending me a 'duh' look.

Sighing, I rub my hands over my face and look away knowing that they were all right. "Well, how am I supposed to fix this?"

"You can start by doing exactly what mama told you to do; apologize." My brother advises with a single shrug of his shoulders. As if it were supposed to be that simple.

I let out a sarcastic laugh before looking over at his face. Which is still stuck in that stupid 'duh' expression. "Yeah right. She won't want to even see me let alone talk."

"All you have to do is try. I can guarantee that if you try, she will think things over. I don't know her at all, but you know I am a very observant person. And from what I've gathered, she seems like a woman who values family. From my perspective, she would want her child to have it's father. That's why I think she told her 'sperm donor' she was pregnant."

Scowling at his smirking face, I grunt in exasperation before flopping my head back onto my pillow.

Slowly, my eyelids slip close and all I can see is her. Reagan.

I need to apologize, I just hope she will accept it.

Translations

Mi aspetto di trovare lei e chiedere scusa! Perché se questo è il mio nipote e non ho mai arrivare a vederli ... Risolvere il Kayden - I expect you to find her and apologize! Because if that is my grandchild and I never get to see them... Fix this Kayden.

Idiota- Idiot

Oh zitto, non sei esattamente un santo o - Oh shut up, you're not exacly a saint either.

.: Author's Note:.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not updating but I just came back from my trip to Hawaii. I got to visit my family again and my old hometown. It was nice.. By the way, I don't know any Italian, it's all from Google Translate. Thank you all for being so patient and not spamming my comments with angry messages. I also apologize for this short chapter but I will be writing more soon.

What did you guys think about the convo? Kayden was such a jerk right?

Stay tuned guys cause I'll be updating soon! xx

Comment and/or Vote. ❤