Mood Swings... (Unedited)

Chapter 11.

[Kayden]

I sat at the kitchen table, thinking about what happened last night with Antonio. I couldn't believe that my Reagan was the girl he always used to talk about. But, it seemed like something happened between them, something bad.. And I need to know what it was.

I'm pulled out if my thoughts by a loud yawn coming from the kitchen doorway. Looking up, I see Reagan standing in a large shirt of mine and her short hair tousled from sleep. All in all, she looked both cute and sexy as hell.

"Mi a'more." I muttered while looking her up and down. However, it seems she didn't notice as she starts walking towards the coffee pot. Quickly, I stand and take the coffee mug out if her hands.

She spins around in confusion, "What the- Kayden, what are you doing? Give it back."

"Reagan, you're a doctor. You know coffee isn't good for the baby. If you want some I will make you decaffeinated coffee.." I scold her as I hold the pot out of her reach. She huffs and folds her arms across her chest.

"You're right, I just- I forgot alright?" She cries as she slumps into a chair and covers her face. My eyes widened at her sudden change of mood, its too soon.. Isn't it?

"And you don't have to be such an as$ about it either! I just wanted some coffee and then you had to go and make me feel stupid!"

Apparently not. She pointed at me with anger in her eyes but I couldn't help but adore the cuteness she portrayed. She reminded me of an angry little puppy or kitten. It was adorable.

Clearing my throat, I sent her a small smile, "I'm sorry sweetheart.. I didn't mean to make you feel that way."

"Don't smile!" She exclaims making me jump a little in shock ad she stands. "See, your not truly sorry, you're just making fun of me!"

I shake my head and step towards her, "No, sweet-"

"Save it." She cries as she stomps away with her face in her hands. I stare after her a little dumbfounded at what had just occurred. I'm shaken from my stupor as a buzzing noise comes from the kitchen counter.

I turn and see that its Reagans pager. Picking it up, I see that it is a reminder for her shift at the hospital. Immediately, I shake my head and walk after her. She is seated on the living room with her head on her hands.

"I'm sorry.." She whispers to me as she slowly looks up. I smile softly and shake my head at the gorgeous woman in front of me. Walking forward, I kneel in front of her small form.

"Its alright bellissimo. I understand that you're gonna have a roller coaster of emotions..." (Italian-Beautiful) She glances at me with an eyebrow raised and I just shrug in return. "Before I came to visit your home.. I read some books and articles on pregnancy. How do you think I knew about the caffeine?"

Her beautiful giggles filled the room bringing a huge smile to my face.

"I never would have thought.. Judging from your previous reactions and words." She mumbles as her laughter stops. My smile turns upside down as guilt creeps over me.

"There is no amount of words or actions that can truly express how sorry I am for my words and actions." I reply as I look down to the ground.

She sighed before placing a hand on my chin and making me look at her, "Hey, I don't hate you. Sure, it hurt that you called me all those cruel names but what matters is that you're trying to make things right. I'm just happy that my baby will have a father."

"Our baby." I corrected as I gazed at her adoringly. She sent me her breathtaking smile as she nodded at me. Her gaze then drifted to the pager in my grasp.

"Oh shoot. Did someone page me? I'm gonna be so late." Reagan exclaimed before jumping from the seat and rushing towards the staircase.

Quickly, I followed after her until we reached the bedroom, "Reagan, I don't want you working anymore. Or as long as your pregnant." She paused and looked at me with a puzzled look.

"What? Are you crazy, this is my job that we're talking about." Was her reply to me as her eyes narrowed angrily.

"I know but being a doctor is very stressful and I don't think that its good for the baby." I tried to say but she continued to glare at me.

"Oh, so you think that I can't take care of myself or the baby now?! You are such an ass! I may be living with you and you may be the father of this child but I refuse to be ordered around." Reagan yells causing me to stop trying to argue.

I sigh and run a hand over my face, "You can be angry at me all you want, but I am not letting you work while you're pregnant. We both know this job is too stressful when you're pregnant."

She suddenly pushed past me and down the stairs causing me to stumble but quickly run after her..again. We reached the front door and she was about to walk out when I grabbed her arm.

"Let go of me! I refuse to be told what to do and how to live my life. If this is how it gonna be, then I want nothing to do with you." Reagan exclaims before slipping out of my graps and running towards her car. I growl in frustration as I chase after her and trust me, she runs fast.

But I don't make it as she slams her door closed and locks it. I knock on her window while pleading with her, "Reagan, please.. Just come out and let's talk about it."

"No, I'm gonna go and do my job and then I'm gonna spend time with Elena. You can't tell me what to do." With that she raced out of the driveway leaving me to stare after her with sad eyes.

• • •

Reagan's POV

I sighed as I looked back in the rearview mirror before looking straight ahead.

'I'm sorry..'

He is right, in a way. I want to work for the time being but my job is very stressful and even physical. I'll probably have to take off sooner than I'd like. But, I still couldn't stand how he comes off so strong and controling. I've been independent for a very long time. So much had happened in the past few weeks and its really overwhelming.

I've found out I was pregnant, confronted my "one night stand", fought with him, forgave him.. a little, moved in with him, came face-to-face with my evil ex... Gosh, what's next?

My job has been my life, my safe haven and without it.. I'd feel lost. After losing so many people, I just feel the need to save others. It is a reminder of my family, and I don't wanna disappoint them anymore than I already have.

I plan to have a sit down with Kayden pto talk things over but for right now, I need to do what I love.

Author's Note

Hey everyone! I know this update isn't that great but I needed to give you guys something!

Anyway, I will try to update more frequently but no promises.

So, the mood swings have kicked in... Perks of being pregnant am I right? Lololol. Not that I know what that's like.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I promise I will be updating soon! Bye loves! xx