Confrontations..

Chapter 7.

I stood in front of my mirror, caressing my stomach and smiling.

'Just close your eyes,
The sun is going down.
You'll be alright,
No one can hurt you now.
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound...'

The more I think about the life growing inside me, the happier I feel, "I love you already sweetheart.."

Suddenly, I heard sniffling behind me. Spinning around I see Elena standing next to this huge muscular guy. But she wasn't the one who was crying.

I send Elena a confused yet freaked out look but she just stared at the man like he was a freak.

"T-that was so sweet and beautiful..." His voice came out high pitched and squeaky. I stared for a few seconds before bursting out laughing.

"What the hell is wrong with your voice?" Elena asks bluntly making me laugh even harder. The man looks at both of us with a frown.

"Nothing is wrong with my voice.." His voice changes into a deep baritone, completely surprising me. It went from this chipmunk voice to a deep manly one.

(His squeaky voice sounds like the muscular man from Grown Ups #1. When they were at the water park.)

I quickly clear my throat seeing I hurt his feelings, "Sorry... Its the hormones.." He nods understandingly completely missing my lie before glaring down at Elena.

"I am not apologizing Mark. You looked and sounded like a little girl," I gape at Elena in shock at her rudeness. "Don't look at me like that. Besides he's my cousin.."

I just sigh and shake my head at her.

"Uh, soo what are you doing here?"

They glance at each other before turning to me. I raise an eyebrow at their little exchange before jutting out my hip.

"Well?"

Elena sighs and walks towards me before pulling me towards my king sized bed and sitting me down. "Look, Ivan gave me a call because he said you weren't answering. He said that Kayden's lawyer scheduled a meeting and that it was important you be there."

I gape in shock. That means that I'll have to see him. His hurtful words ring in my mind again making me flinch.

"When is the meeting?"

She bites her lip while sending me a sympathetic glance, "It's actually in 45 minutes."

I sigh and close my eyes in frustration, "Okay, whatever. I'll go change and head over to Ivan's office."

[Kayden's POV]

"Where is she?! She is late!" I rage, staring down at her lawyer.

He merely raises an eyebrow at me before looking down at his phone. "She said she is here." He then stands and walks to the door before opening it.

The moment I see her, my breath hitches. She is as beautiful as I remember but now it seems as though she has this glow to her. Must be the pregnancy. But when that lawyer pulls her into a hug as if they were lovers my blood boils and my fists clench.