Searching..

C H A P T E R  2.
|s e a r c h i n g|

"You said you could find her!" I yelled to my friend.

He sighs and looks at me, "Kayden, what am I supposed to do? You didn't give me much information to go by.. What is it about this girl anyway?"

I look at my friend, Mike, and shake my head. I begin to pace back and forth, "I don't know man. She was different. Genuine. She wasn't afraid to be herself and she didn't throw herself at me. Not to mention gorgeous. She was everything I ever wanted." He stares at me for a few seconds before a smile spreads across his face.

"You're in love.. I get that man. You are acting the same way I did when I met Sara. The first time I saw her, man I was hooked. So, I understand. Look, I'll continue looking and see what I can find. Just take a break, you always push yourself to the limit." Mike tells me.

"Look man, you're right. I'm sorry for yelling at you. Thanks again Mike." I thank my high school friend before taking my leave.

As I drive I think about the woman who captivated me. She was all I could think about with her deep green eyes and light brown hair. She was everything I ever wanted in a woman and I had to have her. The night we shared was special, passionate. Well, at least to me it was. The next morning she was gone and was left with dreams and thoughts of only her. Not once did I look at another woman again.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answer, stopping at a red light.

"Hi hon, I just wanted to call to remind you about the barbecue tonight." My mom reminds making me sigh.

"Don't worry mom, I didn't forget." I lied, making her laugh at my attempt.

"Sure son." She says making me laugh along with her.

"I'm driving.. So I'll see you ton-" I'm cut off by a screeching of tires before everything goes black.

Reagan

"Elena, what do you want me to do? I have no idea who he is or where he's from. He could be halfway across the world by now." I exclaim to my best friend.

She sighs and sits on the couch beside me, "Reagan, this is important. You're going to have a baby now.. And that baby needs to know its father."

"I know! I know, ok? But I just, I don't know what to do. I am terrified." I tell her, turning to stare at the TV. A movie about a single mother. At that, I burst into tears..

"I don't wanna be like that! Elena, I don't know what to do. This wasn't supposed to happen, not like this." I cry, tear after tear slipping down my cheeks.

She pulls me into a hug and rubs my back, "I know, I know. But it did happen Reagan. It happened and you can't change the outcome. But think of it this way, that baby is a miracle. After everything that happened to you, you deserve something that can make you happy. And Reagan this baby will change your life for the better. It will be hard, yes. But you won't be alone.." I wipe the snot from my nose and pull away from the hug.

"You're right. And I do need to find the father. But I don't know where to start." I say, lost and scared. She sends me a devilish smile.

"Leave that to me."

I send her a scared look before I look at my phone, "Oh shoot. I have to head to work."

"Have a good shift, Dr. Somers!" She calls making me laugh at her as I rush out the door.