Found..

C H A P T E R 3.
|f o u n d|

"Dr. Somers. Paging Dr. Somers. Please head to the E.R." I heard from the intercom. Knowing it was an emergency I rush to the E.R.

I stop to ask a nurse what was going on, "Hey Lily, whats going on?"

"Dr. Somers, there has been a car accident. Male, late 20's. Injuries are unknown to me as of right now. The ambulance is bringing him in now." Lily informs me. I nod to her in thanks before rushing off to meet the paramedics.

"Give me an update please." I say, as the paramedics take the patient out of the ambulance.

"So far, we have identified no broken bones but there is a potentially fatal laceration in the upper torso. He's losing a lot of blood and fast," A male paramedic tells me.

I inhale a sharp breath before yelling, "Alright, I need a room prepped and ready 5 minutes ago. Get me blood for transfusions as well!"

"Room 205 is prepped and ready Dr. Somers." A nurse calls to me. I let them take him in as I rush to change and clean myself for the operation.

I sigh while standing over the patients torso. It's never easy receiving a patient in this condition-- and no matter how many times I've went through it I still get a bit emotional.

Blinking away the moisture building in my eyes, I look at his injured body with a look of determination, "Alright, let's get started. Michael, please pass me-"

I look at his wound and found a large piece of metal imbedded in his skin. Pushing back the nauseous feeling, I begin my job.

|1 hour later|

"Alright, continue blood transfusions and dress the wound." I inform, walking out of the room as the nurses transport my patient to a room. I head to the nurses desk to fill out paperwork for him.

I blink when I see his name is Kayden Sanders.

'Could it be him?'

I was so in the zone that I hadn't really looked at his face. But his name, I mean how many Kayden Sanders could there be? Shaking away my thoughts, I proceed to complete what needs to be done. I'll see if it's him or not eventually.

As I am writing out his injuries and such, an older woman along with a bunch of other people run up to the desk.

"I'm looking for my son. His name is Kayden Sanders," The older woman says frantically. Upon hearing Kayden's name I walk towards them.

"Hello ma'am, I am assuming you are Mr. Sanders mother. I was the doctor who operated on him. He's very lucky. Most of his injuries were pretty minor. However, there was a piece of metal that had cut into him. It could have been potentially fatal but I was able to remove it safely. Due to that injury, he lost a lot of blood but he is in stable condition. Right now, he is being transferred to his room from surgery. So, he is still unconscious. But if you would like, I could bring you to his room," I inform the family, smiling as I see them all sigh with relief.

Before I could say anything more Kaydens mother yanks me into a hug as she cries, "Thank you so much for saving my son."

I hug her back before pulling away with a large smile on my face, "Its no problem ma'am. I'm just doing my job."

These are one of the reasons I do what I do. Not only had I saved a life but I was able to save it for a family. A family who would have been devastated if their loved one died. Even though it's a stressful and high alert job, these are the moments I live for.