Chapter 10-Comfort

[This kinda an anxiety or stress release you could say]

It's been 2 days since Murdoc gave 2D that black eye, he seems to be healing up. Murdoc said today can be an off day and we happily accepted. I decided to use this time to look around the room again, like I said before there could be anything in here. I looked around some and found heater of all things! I mean it is January 3rd so it's bloody cold, I plugged it up and it worked! The heat felt better than anything ever, 2D enjoyed the heat as well.

"Y/n! Look what I found!" 2D said. I went over to see what it was, it was a Playstation 2 with a Genesis game collection! We played Sonic and other things for hours, it was the most fun we had in a good while. It was late again, the clock said 11:05pm, later than usual. 2D looked pretty tired from where we looked at a screen all day. We decided to go to bed. I've been sleeping on the floor since I found that pillow and blanket in the room. It's not the most comfortable but it manages.

I'm not sure why but my brain was waking me up in the middle of the night. I heard this thing on a website that if you're randomly up in the night someone is dreaming about you, I'm not sure if I believe that but it sounds cool enough. I sat up to look at the clock, 1:00am. 'Man this always to me.' I thought. My eyes were heavy but I couldn't drift of, I guess this is a kind of Insomnia.

2D was still asleep, 'how does he sleep with all of this trauma he gets?' I thought, I walked up to him to check on him. "No... Y/n... don't leave me..." He was sleep talking again. He was shivering from what looked like fear. My eye started to hurt again for the first time in a while, 'Damn it why now? Can't this pain leave me alone?' I thought with my hand over my eye. I went into the bathroom to take an Ibuprofen, "Please no!" I heard while taking the pill. I looked out the door to see 2D sitting up breathing heavily, I walked over after I finished my water.

"What's wrong? Are you ok 2D?" I said worried. He looked away for a minute, "I had a nightmare..." He said. "Do you need some comfort?" I said insisting. "Yes... please... I need it..." I then climbed onto the bed on my left side, he put his arms around my waist for warmth. I blushed, I didn't expect him to do that, "I'm sorry I'm such a burden to you..." He said. "You are not a burden, without you I'd be dead!"

He hugged me tighter, I turned around to my opposite side to see his face. 2D is so special to me, I've known him since we were kids and I'll never take that for granted. I put my arms around his waist, he blushed after I did this. After a few minutes we fell back asleep.