The Beginning Of Summer

Anne P.O.V

"Come on Anne, don't tell me that you don't have any friends to hang out this summer again?" Mom asked.

I sighed and shooked my head.
"No mom, I don't have any friends this year and I won't have any next year either."

People at my school would often bully me and call me a weirdo. But I couldn't help it, it's just who I am.

They both exchanged glances.

"We knew you were going to say something like that, so we decided to send you to a summer camp called camp Amphibia. It's an exploration camp that lets you roam around freely."

Wait what!? Their going to send me to a summer camp so I can get teased for an entire summer? No way that's happening....

"I know that you won't like this, but maybe you'll meet other people that would love to be friends with you."
Mom continued on, sensing my reluctance, putting her arm on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

I knew there was no bother arguing with them since they were only doing this because they wanted me to be happy and had already planned this,
so I didn't.

I guess I'd better start getting ready.

-Time Skip-

"Anne, we're here."

I drowsily blinked open my eyes open to see that we had arrived to a campground. It was pretty late but there were still a few other kids my age playing around with their friends.

I guess this is camp Amphibia...

I exited out of the car and followed my parents as they talked to the camp director about which group I was in.
Apparently the groups share cabins in pairs.

"Anne, you're in the group of Newts and you're sharing a cabin with someone called Marcy." Dad announced.

Marcy huh?

"Now Anne, we're leaving now, but promise us that you'll at least try to make friends?" Dad asked me pleadingly.

"Don't worry dad, I promise I'll try." I reassured.

They both gave me a big hug and kiss before leaving.

The director then went up to me.
"Alright Anne, as you knew your part of the team of Newts, so let me show you were you'll be staying."

He led me all the way over to the campground of the Newts. I noticed the two other sides that were labeled as Frogs and Toads. I guess there's an amphibious theme going on here. Though, that shouldn't be surprising since the camp is called camp Amphibia.

"Here we are! Make sure you unpack and get some nights rest before joining us for breakfast tomorrow!" he exclaimed.

I nodded my thanks to him and started making my way up to the cabin.

"Oh, and one more thing!" he shouted.

I turned back to him.

"You're roommate has already arrived, I'm sure she should give you a friendly welcome!"

I once again nodded to him.

I guess Marcy is already here....
I just hope I don't screwup my first impression.

I made my way to the doorstep of the cabin and turned the door handle open.