Food Fight

The Next Day

Marcy P.O.V

*THUD*

Ow....

I yawned and blinked open my eyes to see that I had fallen off my bed and landed on the floor.

Yesterday I had met the sweetest girl in the world! Anne was so kind and caring and she was the first person to ever tolerate me! Most people would have ran away at the sight at me hanging upside down.

"Marcy, are you okay?" said a startled and worried Anne, now awake because of my fall.

"Yeah.... I'm fine. This happens often."

Anne extended her hand to help me up and I took it.

Wow, her hand is so warm...

"Maybe I should keep a close eye on you." Anne suggested.

"Ooo, that would be so cool!
You could be like my personal bodyguard!"

Anne chuckled at my idea.

"Don't worry, princess Marcy, I'll make sure nobody ever hurts you!" Anne promised in a silly serious voice, her blue eyes shining with humour.

"Well I sure I'll be able to count on my faithful bodyguard!" I giggled.

I turned my head and looked at the time. "Oh Anne, we should hurry up and get breakfast before we're late!"

We quickly showered and put on our clothes before going outside.

As we walked towards the lunch room, me and Anne engaged in a conversation and boy is Anne fun to talk too! We share a lot of the same interests and despite knowing her for only a few hours. It feels like we were destined to be friends.

We got to the cafeteria and there were loads of people there eating. Today breakfast was bacon and eggs.
Me and Anne took our food and went to sit.

We talked for awhile before someone shouted:

"Hey look! It looks like that dweeb Marcy has a girlfriend!"

Everyone around us started laughing at us, some even from our own team.

My face flushed and I put my hood over my head in embarrassment. This wasn't the first time this had happened.

I looked at Anne and I was shocked to see her usually docile and gentle blue eyes glowing with outrage.

Anne took her food and threw at the person who commented face.

"FOOD FIGHT!"

Everybody immediately started chucking food competitively at each other. But it seemed like it was Frogs vs Toads vs Newts.

Eventually the tension stopped and everyone was now playfully smiling and laughing throwing food.

I turned around to Anne and smirked.

"Don't you dare, Marbles!"
she playfully warned, not really meaning it.

She knew that I was planning on throwing some food at her. So I quickly searched for something soft to throw.

Hmm, banana pudding will do.

I grabbed the mush in my hands and softly threw it at Anne.

It splattered on her face but she had a dopey smile on her face.

"How do you like that, Anna-Banana?"
I joked.

"Not bad! Anne said licking away the pudding.

"Is that supposed to be my nickname?"
Anne asked afterwards.